Acrobat - (2022.003.20310) - Ventura vs Big Sur

kaiserwilhelm

Ventura 13.1

Identical Acrobat installed from the Adobe Cloud.
First screen shot is the function that is now missing - Show Home Screen When All Documents Are Closed. (Big Sur 11.6)
Second is a screenshot from Ventura 13.1

Any idea where this went to? REALLY want it back.

Show Home Screen.png
Ventura.png

It is also missing for me on Ventura though I am not sure if it is an Acrobat update or the OS update that caused it to disappear. Is your Big Sur Acrobat the same version as the one on Ventura? Previously I had it unchecked so it wouldn't show me the Home Screen when all documents are closed. That setting is still applied as it doesn't bring the Home Screen up when all documents are closed.

What does the "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance do if you uncheck it? I do not see that on my Acrobat preferences running under Ventura

'Enable native OS mode for optimal performance' this enables M1/ME native support.
Turn it off and it uses Rosetta emulation.
I assume you are running on an Intel Mac if you don't see the option?

'Enable native OS mode for optimal performance' this enables M1/ME native support.
I am on an M1. I can see the option for native support. I cannot see the option mentioned in the title of the thread. Thanks ABC

I have an M1 iMac with Monterey and just installed the above Acrobat update. The "Home screen" checkbox is present. Maybe it is a Ventura thing...?

pd

Last edited:
Yep still on an Intel CPU on my Mac. A 2013 iMac running Ventura that Apple does not support. :)

Maybe it's just me, but I never install the new version of any software. I wait a few weeks until the first dot rev comes along. There are still "issues" but some of the more obvious ones have often been dealt with. FWIW, over the years I've found that Apple and Adobe do not always play well in the sandbox. JMO.

Yep still on an Intel CPU on my Mac. A 2013 iMac running Ventura that Apple does not support. :)
Hi @joe. How were you able to do this? I thought Catalina was the last OS that could be installed on model 2013 Mac's? You can PM me if preferred.

Best regards,
pd

I have an M1 iMac with Monterey and just installed the above Acrobat update. The "Home screen" checkbox is present. Maybe it is a Ventura thing...?

pd
Same here. The option is on my Monterrey iMac as well. Looking for a way to disable the home screen, personally.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back