Acrobat 8 Distiller Error Message Help

vebeckham

I am using Acrobat 8 Professional and every time I convert a PS file to PDF in Distiller, I get the following message in a pop-up window:

Connection Failed - The server may not exist or it is not operational at this time. Check the server name or IP address and try again.

I click OK on the pop-up and the file is then converted to PDF.

I have searched for answers on fixing this, but I am not having any luck.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make this go away?

Thanks.

Are you using Quark?
are you making the .ps file with OPI comments?
If so, it may be trying to connect to your server to find the image files. Re-create the .ps with with OPI turned off and see if that fixes it.

If not, re-post and we'll search for more answers.

OPI appears to be turned off, as the OPI selection drop down box is grayed out with include images showing in the window.

Are any of the linked images on another server or are they on your local machine?
If on a server and you use a PC server but a Mac to do your design then it could be that the files are referenced using a different protocol like AFS or SMB and then when you click ok the files are found using a standard TCP/IP connection.

Try doing a collect on the file (after doing a Usage) and then postscript it from the local machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back