Acrobat DC: colour and black copies

wonderings

Is there a way in Acrobat DC to see how many pages in a pdf are 1 colour black and how many are CMYK?

There may be a way in Preflight. You can write your own preflight parameters up to a point. I don't have CC or DC, so don't know if they've changed this, but in earlier versions you could.

i think if there's an answer for the first question, then that should answer the second, i dont think CWS can seperate colour and black and white pages in the RIP, but once you have them listed its easy enough to tell it to print those specific pages in their colour gamut.

Is there a way in Acrobat DC to see how many pages in a pdf are 1 colour black and how many are CMYK?

Try the preflight single check “Page uses CMY (not only black or spot colour)” which will list the pages with CMY, so subtract this figure from the total page count to see which are K only.

Conversely, there is also a single check for “Page uses only black” which will list the K only pages.

Keep in mind that RGB black objects for example will be listed as separating to CMY plates, however depending on the Acrobat Pro colour conversion settings, Acrobat Preflight Profile or PDF workflow conversion such as Prinergy there may only be a K plate produced with no CMY depending on the settings used.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back