Acrobat Pro Preflight Fix to set Output Intent to Adobe RGB (1988)

Stephen Marsh

Today I was attempting to set a PDF with an explicit output intent of Adobe RGB (1988).

The only RGB output intent that I could set and pick up in output preview was sRGB.

It appears that there are only a handful of hard wired output intent profiles in Acrobat Pro X preflight/fixups - and Adobe RGB is not one of them (output intents appear to be related to PDF standards such as PDF/X, PDF/A and as such Adobe RGB in not valid).

Stephen Marsh

Today I was attempting to set a PDF with an explicit output intent of Adobe RGB (1988).

The only RGB output intent that I could set and pick up in output preview was sRGB.

It appears that there are only a handful of hard wired output intent profiles in Acrobat Pro X preflight/fixups - and Adobe RGB is not one of them (output intents appear to be related to PDF standards such as PDF/X, PDF/A and as such Adobe RGB in not valid).

Stephen Marsh

You can edit the list of output intents in Acrobat Pro.
Open the preflight window, menu Options at the top right, preflight settings, then output intents.
I think all of the PDF/X options are hardwired to accept CMYK output intents only; although if I remember correctly at least PDF/X-4 allows for output intent to be RGB and gray as well.

You can edit the list of output intents in Acrobat Pro.
Open the preflight window, menu Options at the top right, preflight settings, then output intents.
I think all of the PDF/X options are hardwired to accept CMYK output intents only; although if I remember correctly at least PDF/X-4 allows for output intent to be RGB and gray as well.

Thanks, however even if Adobe RGB is added to the preflight prefs, I still can’t get it to display in the output preview as the output intent in the simulation profile drop down menu (using a custom preflight fixup).

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back