Acrobat Professional 8, crop marks

big3b69

I am having an issue. I am printing a 4.25x5.5 postcard out on a 8.5x11 with crop marks and no matter how I try the crop marks are printing out 90 degrees rotated clockwise from what it should be. It looks great on the screen but not when I print it out. It does not even matter what printer I send it to. It seems like an Acrobat issue, any ideas?

matt B

Re: Acrobat Professional 8, crop marks

I would check your page box sizes (trim box, crop box etc.) -- Document > crop pages. Make sure that is how you expect. If it's ok, maybe it's an issue in your page setup.

Sounds like, maybe, you rotated the PDF in Acrobat first.

MSD

Here is what I found out so far: I opend Pitstop and using global change, define page boxes, the measurements are listed as 4.25x5.75 instead of 5.75x4.24. So I am thinking MSD might be right, when the customer created the PDF, it was portrait not landscape. I do not think there is anyway to change that either. Thanks, Matt B.

The simplest way I've found to redefine the page boxes in PDFs is to place them in InDesign and re-export 'em. We have to do that all day every day to correctly size and position for print.

For your purposes, just print from InDesign.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back