Adjusting Color on Press

gordo

510 Adjusting Color on Press.jpg

“...whatever we do, we need to tell him to move something. If we say that it matches just as it is, he’ll think that we didn’t need to come here at all!”
Especially good when you KNOW they don't really know what hue means. Just throw some terms you've heard around so you sound like you know what you're doing.

Some where back in the early 90's. After receiving a promotion. Instead of sitting at a Scitex workstation doing the corrections I was in the conference room talking to the client about the correction they wanted. Their request was "More Mood". After a long conversation I finally figured out that for that particular image "More Mood" meant plus contrast.

My husband is a recently retired pressman. I am retired too, and while I did not work as a graphic artist throughout my working career, I graduated as a COMMERCIAL ARTIST back in the day and was in the business for more than a couple of decades. I met my husband when I went to work for a local printing company in the mid 70s. A side note: he just retired from that same company!

He has been a member of this website/forum for some time. I have just joined because I had to share this story.

With our backgrounds in printing, we have always been able to communicate to each other with ’16 page signature’ and ‘PMS 185 red’. In our house there are at least two PMS books, loupes, pica rulers galore, an old school light table with the accompanying T-square and triangles and so on.

We often have “Youtube’ date night where we share videos we’ve each come across. Recently he shared the video from your site of the pressman and the pre-press woman trying to get the correct ‘pink’. OMG! We laughed so hard. I nearly fell out of my chair, gasping and with tears running down my face. That video is US to a T…. him always dealing with the mechanics and rolling his eyes, and me super concerned with the aesthetics whether it is a print job or a home diy.

Thanks so much for that laugh. We saved the video for future chuckles!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back