Adjusting element widths easily

Mike Z

I have both Pitstop 7 and Pitstop 8 on different computers. When trying to simply adjust the width of a fill box it seems you have to adjust by changing the top left, size, top right coordinates in the inspector pallet. Is there an easier way to do this or can newer versions of Pitstop accomplish this in a similar fashion to Illustrator in Indesign where you just set the reference point and adjust the height or width or just direct select the 2 endpoints and arrow key to the correct position? Accomplishing this in the inspector is painful and many times I end us just outlining the fonts and fixing in Illustrator.

Thanks

Not sure when they changed it but in version 11 or higher you have "Anchor point" in same way that is in illustrator, that lets you change reference point and position and size.

Not sure when they changed it but in version 11 or higher you have "Anchor point" in same way that is in illustrator, that lets you change reference point and position and size.

You can download a free trial of PitStop 13 from the Enfocus website and have a play if you want.

But please check the system requirements first to make sure they are ok.

Adjusting element widths easily

You can download a free trial of PitStop 13 from the Enfocus website and have a play if you want.

But please check the system requirements first to make sure they are ok.

Wow, it sure did take a long time to catch up with Illustrator!. Hasn't Illustrator had the reference point since about version 4? Because it's so much hassle to make simple adjustments to elements in Pitstop, I often outline the type and just open in Illustrator to edit. Supposedly newer versions of Kodak Prinergy had a plug-in for Illustrator that allowed it to open PDFs without needing to load the exact fonts, similar to the way you could edit them in the Dalim Twist workflow.

How much to upgrade from v7 or 8 to version 11?

Thanks

it's not new in v13, it's been around for a long time, bear in mind that version 7 is nearly 10 years old.

If you drop me an email at [email protected] I will get someone to email you with a cost in your local currency

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back