Adobe CS3 all stopped opening, with message...

acacia print

All our Adobe CS3 programs simply stoped opening with the message that the Adobe product needed to be unloaded and re loaded before it would work.

Out Techie is about to unload the whole computer as the standard uninstall would not work, he tryed a MS uninstall program and even that would not work.... It affected our Illustrator and Photoshop program probably others....

Is this a virus? we have Norton 360 that is kept up to date and we run virus scans as prompted to....

The techie said it might be a scratch on the hard drive disc?? The computer has not been dropped or even bumped so not sure that this is the issue either...:confused::confused:

Hard drives go bad sometimes but it would affect everything on the computer and not just CS3 applications. I'm not a big fan of any product of Symantec (Norton 360). That would be my first suspicion. You may also want to try the Adobe CS3Clean Script. Adobe - Adobe CS3Clean Script

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Jo I will look into these options. Do you think that Norton will be interfering with the Adobe some how? I have noticed that the Norton 360 is also now disabled...... so you may be onto something there.
I have not heard of Clean Script. How would this help, do you think? (I will Google it):)

I get this message for InDesign all the time, a simple restart fixes the problem. Don't know if that will help you, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Zinn

Thanks Zinn At least I am not alone. Unfortunatey when I tryed a restart it still happened, Our machine would not even uninstall the software as the program suggest4ed we should do, our Techie tried using a Microsoft Uninstaller program as well and it still would not uninstall..... so I am thinking that this may be a hard drive issue??? At least your message has given me some hope thanks Zinn. We are probably looking at backing up the computer and doing a compleete wipe and reload of everything....

Have you tried the Clean Script yet? I would be interested if that uninstalled the old product or not.

Joe

Can we run Clean Script with out uninstalling stuff? I have just been to Adobe and Clean Script suggests that we

"Uninstall your beta or pre-release Creative Suite 3 prior to using the CS3Clean Script."

but we are currently unable to uninstall anything, but having said that I am not sure if what we installed is a "beta" or a "Pre-release" version? We just bought the full version in a box and plonked it on the computer. It has worked fine up to just now....

Well, it's not working now so I don't think you will make it any worse. Kind of like a "last resort" since you are already to the point of considering wiping out the whole drive and starting over from scratch. Most likely it will just tell you that you don't have the beta or pre-release Creative Suite 3 on your system.

I thought that this may be the case. Like you say its already stuffed.... I have two backups and all the original software so I should be fine to wipe I think. I will double x double check our back ups though. A associate of ours had their comp go down then found the back up had not been working properly for 18 months. I felt sorry for them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back