Adobe CS5.5 and Page Flip creation

lnivin

We're planning on buying software to help create Page Flip Books for websites.

Before we buy, did Adobe add any more options into 5.5 for creating these?

I'm not sure... however, have you tried searching for opensource pageflips solutions? I know there are many based on flash. Also a few based on AJAX. With a bit of searching I think you can find a nice piece of software, free of charge.

Goodluck,
Dennie

I'm not sure... however, have you tried searching for opensource pageflips solutions? I know there are many based on flash. Also a few based on AJAX. With a bit of searching I think you can find a nice piece of software, free of charge.

Goodluck,
Dennie
edocker is the only one (within reason) that I have found that deals with the swf thats comes out of Indesign without any issues. Most seem to want individual swf files or jpgs.

Any free solution that work with the full swf coming right out of Indesign?

Thanks

Plus, we want to link to individual pages of the swf file. I was hoping since Adobe is going toward the ePub market, the same programming would address page flip books.

There may be no Adobe program to create an animated flip book by itself. But some kinds of the 3rd party software, such as the Kvisoft flipbook maker might solve such issue easily.

Hi lnivin,

Yes, Adobe did put a feature into InDesign that can generate simple flip books. As some on the thread have mentioned, you may want to look at an 3rd party product if you need more functionality.

Do you think you'll only need to do flip books for websites? Or do you anticipate down the road someone will want an ipad version or a android version. These are things to keep in mind.

Greg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back