Adobe Photoshop help - Copy grayscale image into 4cp image

shorty83

Hi, I am in need of some help with a Photoshop problem. I am trying to paste a grayscale image into a 4cp image but I want the grayscale image to stay black only. When I paste it into the image it converts the grayscale to 4cp. Is there a way to copy it into the 4cp image and keep it black only without having to manually go in and adjust? I don't want the dot percentages to change from what the original grayscale image was. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am in need of some help with a Photoshop problem. I am trying to paste a grayscale image into a 4cp image but I want the grayscale image to stay black only. When I paste it into the image it converts the grayscale to 4cp. Is there a way to copy it into the 4cp image and keep it black only without having to manually go in and adjust? I don't want the dot percentages to change from what the original grayscale image was. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried just pasting it into the Black channel of the 4/C image?

Gordo's suggestion should have worked. Did you delete the cyan, magenta and yellow channel area where the grayscale image is in the black channel?

No I am not able to delete the CMY channels from the file I am pasting it into, There are CMYK elements in the file that need to print.

Last edited:
make the grayscale a multi channel...add three blank channels (white) with the image being the last channel on the list...then convert to CMYK...you now have a CMYK file with your original grayscale in the black channel only. Copy and paste away!

No I am not able to delete the CMY channels from the file I am pasting it into, There are CMYK elements in the file that need to print.

I didn't say you should delete the CMY channels- just paste your greyscale image into the black channel. If the image needs to blend with whatever is currently in the black channel then copy the black channel into a new greyscale file then do your blend there. When you've finished the blend then copy it and paste it into the now empty k channel in your CMYK image.

Nor did I mean to say delete the CMY channels. Just the AREA in the CMY channels that you wanted the grayscale to be black only.

So I got it to work by combining the suggestions from everyone. I made the grayscale image a multichannel and added the three blank channels and then converted to CMYK. Then when I pasted into the 4cp document it kept going behind the existing background so I pasted the image in the channels where I didn't want color and removed all pixels and it worked! I feel like such a noob in photoshop when I have to manipulate images in ways I don't normally have to :rolleyes: Thanks again for everyone's help!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back