Advice please?

I don't know whether this counts as a forum faux pas, as this is one of those questions with overlapping interests. So to be frank, I've posted this inquiry in the Offset section as well, on the off chance that someone who frequents that section can provide some insight.

All too frequently, when an offset piece is run through a digital printer (such as a Canon C7000 imagePRESS) ghosting or some other image deviancy occurs.

Can the same effect be expected from an offset piece run on a Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 Anicolour and then run through a Canon C7000 imagePRESS?

Respectfully,
simpleprint

I can't say that I have had this issue, could it be that the ink is not dry? We run offset shells the only problem we have is with the spray powder.

All too frequently, when an offset piece is run through a digital printer (such as a Canon C7000 imagePRESS) ghosting or some other image deviancy occurs.

Why would you run an offset piece through a full color digital printer, can't you do the whole job in digital? I guess it's a very special job.

On most presses, you can always expect some ghosting because of differents points of pressure, rollers, fusers, etc, inside the print engine. I think the Canon 7000 has 2 fusers that work at very high temperature to fuse the toner at 70ppm, so it's twice the risk I'd say.

Few Advice

Few Advice

Well, I have had this issue. Yes, as someone said here the only problem we have is with the spray powder. I do recommend to visit the site for some insightful articles on digital printing at http://www.adapt-me.com . It may help you in your case and of course you can also talk to other experts.

Why would you run an offset piece through a full color digital printer, can't you do the whole job in digital? I guess it's a very special job.

This is quite common when you have offset and digital working together. If you already have static artwork and all you need to do is change the name then it is more profitable to print off a ton of colour cards on the press and use digital to print the names.

The only time I have had issues with this is when they have printed some sort of clear coat onto the shell.

then it is more profitable to print off a ton of colour cards on the press and use digital to print the names.

How is that more profitable?

If you use digital color to do the full job, then you don't have the offset printing cost.

It's more profitable if you print color shells and then pass them into a B&W digital press. But in this case, I believe he is passing it through a color digital press.

Maybe he is printing with black only. I know our Ricoh won't handle coated stocks, so I have to run them through our 8000AP even though it is almost 4 times the cost of the Ricoh.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back