AE10/FlexRip designer/Technical ink book issues

destryer

We are trying to come up with a way to have a ink color of die that is in the designer ink book to be set to overprint in the imposition PDF when sent to be rendered. Right now Esko tells us that the default behavior for AE10 is if an ink is set to knockout then even if the type is changed in either designer/technical ink book to ink type- technical, the default is to knockout even though the preview appears correct then FlexRip will honor the KO. I need someway to make this idiot proof so that dies in our stepped files will not KO of our plates. Any ideas other than changing 30,000+ files to overprint? I could tie in PitStop but that is a $12,000 solution for Esko for PitStop services, indirectly by $3500 PitStop server or tons of time manually changing our files for something Agfa or Prinergy can do in their sleep.
Ideas?

I'd escalate your support ticket to higher authority at Esko. I find it hard to believe this cannot be made to happen with a quick XML script sequence or replacing a config reference file. If the preview isn't showing accurate results Esko has a much more serious problem.

Last edited:
Check the recent updates for 10. For some reason I think I saw a hotfix that addressed technical colors. Could be wrong but worth looking.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back