Agfa Accuset 1200, Agfa Rapiline 51-3 problems

marantvou

Hello to everyone.

This is my first post to this site and I wish good health to everyone in the world first of all. I have some problems too like everyone.

1) I have an Agfa Accuset 1200. When I print my work on film it becomes 1-2 mm smaller from both sides and has a skew
of about 0,2 horizontally. For example if my work is 350 X 500 mm I have to re size it to 351 X 501 mm and with an horizontal skew of 0,2 to get my work right. What might happens ?

2) Also I have an Agfa Rapiline 51-3 film processor. A few days ago we had a blackout in the morning. I left my job in the afternoon. When I came back next morning I found the film processor on and chemicals hot. I turned it off (on, in stand by mode for refreshing the chemicals) and next morning the same. It was on with chemicals hot. From that day if I leave it off (on in stand by mode) I will find it the next day on with chemicals hot. What might happens ?

Many thanks to everyone that can helps.

Lets address the Processor problem first. This is the most simplest one. You lost power. You came in the next morning and found the Processor on, Fix and Developer to be at their set temperature. It appears that when power was restored to the Processor, it defaulted to program #1. Check your program settings. On the Rapiline 51 you have the capability of having 9 different programs to turn the Processor on and off at any time of day automatically.

Your film being skewed, is caused by your Imager assembly, not installed correctly. Imager assembly is not aligned properly with capstan roller.

If you can control the length and width of your job by resizing. Continue to do so. To correct this problem and the skew problem you need a service engineer to service this unit.

STSTech

STSTech thanks for your reply.

I will check the Processor's programs. As for the Imagesetter skewing problem I think you are right. I will continue to work like that as much as I can because as you described the service price might be high for a job like that.

Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back