AGFA LAP V Lithostar Problem

zennagui

I use CTP AGFA GALILEO VS4 with LP 82 processor, lithostar LAP V Plate, i have problem with gradient or gray scale you can see with on picture sheet printed with offset. how to resolve this problem ?

Please help me.

Attachments

• 020720102312 pb.JPG
    020720102312 pb.JPG
    734.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 020720102314 pb.JPG
    020720102314 pb.JPG
    552.9 KB · Views: 208
That's a time for PM - before Dryer section rolles are too dirty and are not squueezed properly to remove a Finisher excess.

Last edited:
I try to develop without finisher I gave the same result and I put the finisher the same result so its not just the finisher. may be able to come from the exposure setting?

Could you try developing the plate from another processor? Just to find out if the problem is happening from the imager or from the processor.

Or maybe if you're using LP82 you can switch some of the rollers there and observe the difference. My thoughts only.

Just to be clear, I assume the problem is visible on the plate before it goes to press?

I've seen marks on Lap V plates similar to what's on your press sheets, dirty rinse, finisher and possibly dryer rollers are usually to blame. In this case, the roller marks only appear on the lead edge of the plate, then fade away as the plate goes through.

You said you ran the plate through without finisher, do you mean the plate still went through the finisher rollers without the chemical?

Last edited:
zennagui, did you ask yourself why some elements on that plate are blue and some - dark brown?

Good question Vlad. What I know Lithostar had always brown emission.
Btw these kind of strips happen in processor and reasons are wrong placed rollers, deformed gear or weared out roller houses. Plate must be transfered very smooth in processor.

Good luck

Ozkan

I will try to resolve the problem and I would inform you, I'll use your advice. its not the streaks in the direction of the rollers. if you have noticed and it's just on the edge of the plate.

Please say me the processor propriety of temperature of developper, finisher, rinse, washer and how to change the speed for LP 82 ?
concerning the question of Vlad the customer file is like that.

I am looking for user manual PDF AGFA RIP 2 thank you for sending me on my inbox: [email protected]

Last edited:
User Manual is in the part of installation RIP software CD, just put check mark at appropriate checkbox or explore CD content.

1. does the marking happen on all of your plates sizes? If yes not a plate lot issue.
2. If you rotate the plate going through the processor 90 degrees? does the markings move with it? if yes the problem is in the processor, if NO the problem can be either the CTP or plate lot issue.

I agree with the earlier post that sometimes the marking you see in the plate are only cosmetic and DO NOT print on press. Are the marks printing on press?

Overall it looks like it is time to clean the processor.

It has been my experience that the lithostar processors like to be used almost to the point of abuse and the processor tend to stay cleaner. The slower the customer the dirtier and more markings and fingerprints you see on the plates.

Also Chemistry life can be an issue. If I recall the Lithostar Ultra is 4-6 weeks or 400-600 sqm. whichever comes first. How long has it been since you last cleaned the unit?

Hi I had Agfa Galileo VS 8 CTp almoust 4 years.
The problems could be on durty rollers and not good also Please check with open maschine cover on rising section(water section) if all nossles are Okay and sprinking water all over the plate. I had to change in the past all the nossles becouse of durty plates.Every good metal operator can made it the same if you give him a simple.
Regards foliart

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back