Air humidity in press and bindery room

ronson

Hello

We got down air temperatrure in pressrooom, but the humididy has lowered considerably.
I am looking for cheapest/easiest solution to raise humidity for a 6 month period, before making bigger investment to a more complex system.
All your thoughts and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

-ron

Go to Wally World, buy humidifiers and put one under each piece of equipment, depends on your shop as to how effective this suggestion is, but its the best shot I got for now.

Just a thought,...put the humidifiers near air blowers or at higher points so the humidity spreads more evenly than concentrating in one spot

worked for a company years ago that had the entire pressroom staff responsible for the humidification of their area. They were too cheap to buy equipment to do this so they had us soak and hang wet towels all over the shop when it got really dry. When the towels got dry you soaked them and re hung them to do their job once again.

Iˇm thinking somewhat powerful system.
How do you maintain air humidity in your printshops?

I'm in Hawaii, the problem is keeping the humidity OUT!! :)

I have de-humidifiers set at 40% running in the stock room 24/7. I'm lucky to keep the press room at 60%.

I have seen some shops in dry climates install swamp coolers. These are substantially less then an automated system. They will increase the humidity while keeping the temperature in the shop at a comfortable level.

What is your the climate like where you are at? If you are in a dry climate, evaporation coolers (swamp coolers) will probably fit the bill, both powerful and cheap. They only work if the climate is dry enough though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back