Akuafoil : Best CMYK Values to match Foil Stamping "Gold"

PrintingFools

Just wondering if anyone knows the best CMYK values for Akuafoil process to get the same color or similar look of the regular GOLD foiling process.
I know the color before the Akuafoil will be a sort of deeper yellow, but reaaly would like the advice , as I only have one shot at this.
Thank you in advance , B

B-
Did you ever get an answer to this question, or what did you decide to go with, and how were your results? I am researching the same thing for a client, and my vendor stated that "they could not provide me with the CMYK because if I didn't like the gold color I might get mad at them."

Thanks for anything you can contribute!
Melinda

I am not familiar with Akuafoil but I have utilized Henkel Mirafoil in the past. It is my understanding that Henkel sold it's coatings division to Actega which markets a similar product called Reflectink. That out of the way... Henkel distributed swatch books of the entire CMYK equivalent of the "standard" Pantone library over Mirafoil for designers/prepress personnel to be able to set an expectation of result. Perhaps such a swatch book is also available for Akuafoil? Perhaps you can acquire a swatch book from Actega or Toyo (who also markets a similar product) and use that as a guide?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back