aligning one PDF on top of another

lnivin

We have compare tools but sometimes we like to place one PDF on top of another and toggle between the two to see differences. Does anyone know of a way to open one PDF exactly on top of the other, instead of cascading?

Thanks,
Linda

One Acrobat Pro method - layers panel, import as layer.
Or another is - file/create/combine multiple files into a single PDF - then navigate back and forth between pages.

If you have Enfocus PitStop Pro, there is also the PitStop Edit/Place PDF command.

Stephen Marsh

I know you mentioned in a different post you had Insite. You can compare and toggle in smart review.

John

I know you mentioned in a different post you had Insite. You can compare and toggle in smart review.

John

SmartReview is great although it might be a bit slow for what Linda is wanting to do, she also mentioned that she has “compare tools”, so I am not sure if she is referring to the Prinergy PDF Compare Acrobat Pro plugin or InSite’s SmartReview software.

Stephen Marsh

You would think Acrobat would have a Preferences as to how you want PDFs to open. Perhaps like always open at top left of screen (instead of cascading).

Depending on the page count, I will combine PDFs into one single PDF and then simply page flip back and forth.

i reckon the earlier post about putting it in indesign layers and turning them on and off is an easy way, i do it with die cut jobs, rip the plate file to a pdf, mirror it on the same layer and make sure they line up ok.

If you have pitstop, you can always just copy and paste from one file to the other, just set the prefences in pitstop to place with no offset.

I also use the Indesign method, but I will select the top PDF and apply the Difference Effect, the differences between the two will be obvious.

Have you tried the Tile option instead of the Cascade option in Acrobat. Under the Window menu you can choose Horizontal or Vertical tile. Either way you get to see two pages at once. You can adjust the zoom level for each to match.

Try maximizing both windows, make sure the same sidebars or tools panes are open/closed for all windows, set all views to fit to page so they will automatically center, then toggle from the list under "Window". Some zoom/view options will keep things centered, but if you zoom in enough, past the page width, it will be tricky to align the windows.

Command ~ is what we often use, but I was hoping to find a way that when opening two Acrobat files, they would automatically open in the same screen position. We manually position one on top of the other. Just trying to speed things up. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back