Alternate to FILM OUTPUT

snrv

Dear sir recently we scrap the imagesetter due to cost of repair and availability of consumables. Is there any alternative solutions to FILM output onlyto use for Spot UV and die lines.at present we are outsourcing 1 a4 size fim at 4$. please consider the cost also.

negative film output altrenatives

negative film output altrenatives

the current option for an 80% cover negative film is to go ink jet with the right combination of the right ink, IJ film substrate, IJ printer and RIP.
You can get reasonable 120 line screen negatives, you have to manage your printer well to get a 133 line screen neg.
not all films work well and ink is important to ensure that you do not burn through the DMax area...
what level of resolution and what film size do you currently use?

We have a number of customers that still need to produce films and cannot move to a CTP only solution. For these customers an OYO Thermal Film Imagesetter is the best solution.

The OYO imagesetters are sturdy and reliable, but best of all they produce great looking output with excellent density plus they do not require any chemistry. You can find out more about the OYO devices at OYO Instruments | Welcome or Harlequin RIP, Harlequin RIPs, Software RIP, NEW! Harlequin Software RIP Version 8.3

If you ever need anything, I image film daily and ship all over the country. I image 4 and 7 mil film using our Avantra 44S. Max size 35.6" x 44.5". It's usually same day service if we receive the files before noon pacific time.

Precision Digital Imaging

Ink Jet Film

Ink Jet Film

We have been successful at creating a system that uses an Epson Stylus Pro inkjet printer and our specialized Mitsubishi Imaging Inkjet Clearproof 180 clear Film and a RIP. This makes pretty good film equivalent up to 133 LPI. Email me and I can send you more info. There is some cost at the beginning to set this up but it is pretty economical once you get going. It depends on your total film volume
[email protected]

Inkjet

Inkjet

We still output film using our 16 year old herk. But are testing film output with our canon 8000. The film is called novadot surejet. We image a 1 bit tiff on our harelquin her rip and output this to our canon. I've not got the tints right yet. But think we can achieve 150#

Hope this helps link helps

Inkjet Film - Alternative to imagesetting film.

Its quite interesting to work with epson as we already using specified models for Proffing. Can u please explain about accuracy, is it align with printed sheet(intermes of dileline and spotuv)? or easy there any adjustment in epson to rectify this.

I never had any problems with dielines imaged onto mylar using inkjet. If you look at how a die is built and used, imaging is the least of one's worries for alignment.

For spot UV Roland makes a system that can cut the coating blanket directly. You send the file to the device just like going to an inkjet device. I believe Gerber can do this also.

Now days you have inkjet and thermal as a replacement. Inkjet film quality has come along since the beginning. Nazdar makes a digital Ink for Epson that produces a D-Max of 5.0. Thermal devices like the Aspect are nice, but the initial cost is high after including the RIP.

Or...if you want quick quality films until you phase out film entirely...

Outsource to ReyHan Reyhan PGF - Home. Contact Troy Thurston Reyhan PGF - 651-256-0050.

ReyHan PGF is about the only service bureau still alive, they're the best. ReyHan supplies film up to 20,000 DPI!!! Large format up to 10 foot length films.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back