AmazingMail and Shutterfly competitors? (Print on Demand question)

whatstin

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm excited to have found the place where it seems the experts are hanging out...

I'm working on a software product that would take a photo, a message, and an address and then place an order for a one-off printed postcard or greeting card.

I've seen what AmazingMail (www.amazingmail.com) and Shutterfly (Shutterfly | Develop, Print & Share Digital Photos: Create Photo Gifts Online) can do - and I'm wondering how I can find printers who do similar fulfillment services.

I would ideally like to find a service that can receive the order, print the card (including postage), and do the mailing for me.

If anyone has recommendations on where I could find these types of services, please let me know.

If I need to clarify better what I'm looking for, please don't hesitate to ask me to clarify.

Thanks in advance for any/all help!
Dustin

Hi, yeah, I'm actually looking for printers who can do the printing and fulfillment for me.

Basically, if I wanted to build a web application (or other software product) similar to amazingmail.com or shutterfly.com that can print one-off cards and mail them, I'm wondering how to do that...

So, I'm looking for printer(s) that I can send an order and have them do the printing and mailing...

I need postcards that are UV coated and also (ideally) folded greeting cards that have a picture and message on the card and then the address and postage printed on the envelope. The greeting card needs to be folded into the envelope and mailed.

I would imagine there are people on this forum who I could work with? Or if anyone can point me in the right direction, any help is much appreciated. I'm just building the software/web application.

Thanks for your help...
-Dustin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back