anilox recommendation

ar17

our flexo CI press arrives this 3rd quarter of the year. would like to get valuable inputs what anilox sizes and bcm i would be needing for printing light substrate paper and film. this is all waterbased flexo printing. hope to get response if i have 8 first options this anilox, what will be the lpi or the bcm most appropriate for this substrates.

thanks

I suppose you would first have to determine what screen ruling you want to print, say a 70ppcm screen; would be 180 lpi, a low ball ratio screen to anilox would be 1:5, gives you 900 pits per inch.

I suppose you would first have to determine what screen ruling you want to print, say a 70ppcm screen; would be 180 lpi, a low ball ratio screen to anilox would be 1:5, gives you 900 pits per inch.
thank you sir. my follow up question is since we are offset printer printing at 150 to 175 lpi, can i still apply thes same screen rulings when printing same jobs in flexo? what will be the standard lines per inch in my plates for my process colours when i print it in flexo? thanks

As Cornishpastythighs says, a banded anilox maybe a good purchase.
You can still use your 150 to 175 lpi without much ado, what RIP will you be using? Just don´t forget your bump ups and you should be fine, however all screen forms commonly used in Offset may not be practical, stick with round for the beginning

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back