ANILOX Roller

och_och

Good day,for all the experts there, I have just a few questions regarding waterless printing, your comments and advice is must appreciated.

1. How many sheets before the anilox roller need to clean?
2. What is the common thing or source why the anilox have
creates scratches?
3. What is the correct position of installing the doctor blade?
4. How many size of anilox roller have? I know only 100 & 160.
5. What is the correct maintenance of this anilox roller?

many thanks for all the comments and advises

When the coating drys in the roller and y didnt wash it or cleaned it it needs to be cleaned, dry coating is not good!
Best is to have a large sink for cleaning with hot and cold water
Blade should be installed first in the right direction! Second as deep as it fits in the mounting and straight, has to be pretty tight to the roller and straight without any waves or kinks.
Depending what and how much coating y want to apply. From 60 - 200 limes i have seem a lot of rollers with different specs.
Roller should be cleaned and stored in a covered box to make sure there are no mechanical damage to the roller
Everything else come natural :) let me now how it goes
How r the results you are,gettig?

Good day,for all the experts there, I have just a few questions regarding waterless printing, your comments and advice is must appreciated.

1. How many sheets before the anilox roller need to clean?
2. What is the common thing or source why the anilox have
creates scratches?
3. What is the correct position of installing the doctor blade?
4. How many size of anilox roller have? I know only 100 & 160.
5. What is the correct maintenance of this anilox roller?

many thanks for all the comments and advises

Hi.

Can you clarify what process you are running. You are asking first about waterless and then talk about an anilox roller.

What press is this for?

Is the anilox in a coater or for the inking units?

More info would help.

@texas, thanks sir for your info..we have experience a straight line around the
anilox.

@erik nikkanen, we are running waterless printing which has a roller called aninox
roller..thank you

Hi sir just to add on mr. och_och post he's saying about score lines from the anilox roller that appears on the print. We are facing a huge problem on this at the moment. We are forced to buy and replace the anilox roller and we are afraid that it might happen again. We do need your expert advice. Thanks

anilox4.JPGHi sir just to add on mr. och_och post he's saying about score lines from the anilox roller that appears on the print. We are facing a huge problem on this at the moment. We are forced to buy and replace the anilox roller and we are afraid that it might happen again. We do need your expert advice. Thanks (i hope the lines are visible)

Iharz and Och_och,

Please state what presses you have. It would make things a lot easier.

In general, avoiding score lines around the anilox cylinder has to do with avoiding contamination from getting into the ink fountain or from over pressure of metal doctor blades against the anilox roller.

Running with anilox rollers take much more care than conventional ink fountain rollers.

This is one reason I have always thought that offset presses using anilox inkfeeds are not a good future press concept. Such as Heidelberg's Anicolor, Codimag's Aniflo, KBA's Cortina, Karat and Rapida 74G.

I had talked to someone who owned an Anicolor press and he loved it and said he would never go back to a conventional press. He also stated that he had to send the anilox roller out for deep cleaning every couple of months.

Sir/s,

we are using KBA Genius 52UV, before once a week we replace the doctor blades as advice by their tech support but when we experienced the score lines we decided to change the blades everyday even it cost a lot just to protect the expensive anilox roller. frequent checking of blades was always performed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back