Any Updates - Canon Digital Cut Sheet Presses

IgnoreThem

Any Canon experts on this discussion board. Wondering if there are any Canon sheetfed press Updates coming in the near future. currently using a C700 and C60. doesn't seem like canon is putting much energy into this area of digital press recently. Thanks for any info if available.

I'm far from a Canon expert but isn't the Imagepress C910/C810/C710 considered a upgrade to the C700 and C60. I know they just added a new registration system upgrade to this series and beginning of last year they added a new upgraded feeder option.

Best to let everyone know what you're looking for in a update and maybe someone could help a bit more.

I'm far from a Canon expert but isn't the Imagepress C910/C810/C710 considered a upgrade to the C700 and C60. I know they just added a new registration system upgrade to this series and beginning of last year they added a new upgraded feeder option.

Best to let everyone know what you're looking for in a update and maybe someone could help a bit more.bef

Thanks for the response, a Few years ago we had salespeople representing most companies visiting our store showing sample of all the different features and abilities of the upcoming products. last 2-3 years no salespeople or updated info. Maybe Ricoh pushing 5th toner station I haven't heard of any new products or features with the mid range digital presses. Was just checking to see if anyone on this forum had any insider info on upcoming new Canon features/printers. like a 5th toner station, larger print size, ink instead of toner etc...Just a general question...

last 2-3 years no salespeople or updated info.... ...I haven't heard of any new products or features with the mid range digital presses.
Largely due to the pandemic also the knock on effect with residual stock.
For example, KM released the C4080 series in December 2020, this was initially planned for three quarters earlier.
I expect the other main players were similar.

About all canon has done is upgrade the multidrawer feeder, the 910 series can feed up to 30 inches with an attachment. They've also come out with a unit that checks print quality and I believe it does registration as well. I know it can on the 10010

Thanks for the response, a Few years ago we had salespeople representing most companies visiting our store showing sample of all the different features and abilities of the upcoming products. last 2-3 years no salespeople or updated info.
This seems to be true. COVID sure put a crimp in the ability to make in person calls for these guys. But around here some very experienced sales people have either retired or forced to leave, not sure which but they're longer around. And then the actual equipment side like Ynot_UK said they're all a bit behind.

They have the larger lines like the 10010 and the 9010. Canon seems like they're pushing pretty hard into inkjet though. Our sales guy comes by fairly often with new samples from the Varioprint iX series.

Canon could pretty much care less about their laser line and even less after you've purchased the machine. I wouldn't waste time on them if you're a typical print shop. Check out KM or Ricoh. Just speaking from first hand experience.

Canon could pretty much care less about their laser line and even less after you've purchased the machine. I wouldn't waste time on them if you're a typical print shop. Check out KM or Ricoh. Just speaking from first hand experience.
Thanks. Where are are you located?

My shop is also thinking of shopping new machines but haven't seen enough benefits of leasing a new machine. Both our main machines are owned and the per click service agreement is beyond fair. In my area (NE IA) the Canon support is really good. Same day 95% of time and "fingers crossed" haven't had to worry about parts/toner being in inventory.

Totally disenchanted with KM. They have been so stingy with toner from day one that I don't even bother to bid some jobs. Their service team was great, now takes forever. I immediately job out when the machine goes down because I know there is no hope to get it back up in time.

Totally disenchanted with KM. They have been so stingy with toner from day one that I don't even bother to bid some jobs. Their service team was great, now takes forever. I immediately job out when the machine goes down because I know there is no hope to get it back up in time.
Thanks. Where are you located?

That's true. The last several months of our contract, we were unable to get toner due to the shortages. The vendor also did not allow us to use non-OEM. Ricoh and Canon have been good through the pandemic for us.

Has anyone been presented pricing on new lease/service agreements. Are service agreements/click charges getting out of hand. In past could use as negotiating points. Had one salesman for Ricoh stop and all he would say is going up...

Has anyone been presented pricing on new lease/service agreements. Are service agreements/click charges getting out of hand. In past could use as negotiating points. Had one salesman for Ricoh stop and all he would say is going up...
Interesting. What machines were you quoting? What is your location?

Interesting. What machines were you quoting? What is your location?
NE IA, the Ricoh 7200 series at the time interested in the extra toner station. Decided to stay with our canon c700 and c60. We are not looking right now. I just asked one of the reps the question about lease/service.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back