anyone familiar with manrolands "job card" data cards?

Albert Noel

i'm looking for any info at all. we're looking into ink-key presetting software. problem is transferring, automatically, the output to the press and aside form rolands pecom software (thats entirely too expencive) the only method i know of is the built in job card reader.
pecom is just too expencive.
what did roland use OEM for programming? off the shelf software or some kind of special software? does it require pecom to work?
i have a smartcard reader/writer that we got on ebay and 10 job cards that came with the press. even if i could just read te cards (i dont have any software to do so) i think i could find a way to convert the output from press percent (the software i hope they get in prepress) or rampage (as ive been told can also output key settings)

this is sort of a side project ive been given at work so any help would be great.!

We are using ink key pre-setting software from a company called Lithotel in Ontario. We had to purchase some software for our Esko prepress system to output a CIP3 file and then we turned it over to Lithotel to handle the ink key presets. we preset 2 Heidelbergs so far but they are both located in different plants, We also use presets supplied to us from a prepress house as we dont do all of our RIP's ourselves yet. All this is done via our network. Next step for us is to Close Loop the colour again using Litho tools.

We are using ink key pre-setting software from a company called Lithotel in Ontario. We had to purchase some software for our Esko prepress system to output a CIP3 file and then we turned it over to Lithotel to handle the ink key presets. we preset 2 Heidelbergs so far but they are both located in different plants, We also use presets supplied to us from a prepress house as we dont do all of our RIP's ourselves yet. All this is done via our network. Next step for us is to Close Loop the colour again using Litho tools.
hmm, never heard of them. i know our prepress software is capable of outputting cip3 data, but getting it to press is the issue.
i'll check out the software you're talking about and see if it would work for us.

They are experts at adding both software and hardware(closed loop scanning) to older equipment. I have used their presetting and closed loop colour control on Heidelbergs and Komoris, they also work with MAN and Mits presses. If you need any contact info just let me know.

i'm looking for any info at all. we're looking into ink-key presetting software. problem is transferring, automatically, the output to the press and aside form rolands pecom software (thats entirely too expencive) the only method i know of is the built in job card reader.
pecom is just too expencive.
what did roland use OEM for programming? off the shelf software or some kind of special software? does it require pecom to work?
i have a smartcard reader/writer that we got on ebay and 10 job cards that came with the press. even if i could just read te cards (i dont have any software to do so) i think i could find a way to convert the output from press percent (the software i hope they get in prepress) or rampage (as ive been told can also output key settings)

this is sort of a side project ive been given at work so any help would be great.!

It is shameful that it costs so much to get these presetting numbers into the press. It is basically only a string of numbers that is required. To send a string of numbers from one computer to another costs nothing. This is one of the big ripoffs in the industry.

Agreed, sort of like paying someone lots of money to tell you why your 'check engine light' is on.

Ink presetting software

Ink presetting software

Hi Albert. try "PressPerCent --- Email info@ escourse.com

or Google -- Kursiv Publishing House - software programme for Russia

Regards, Alois

Kursiv Publishing House
"PressPerCent" program created by Mr. Gregory Sapunkov (I know MAC version only) was free for Russian users and had a funny price about 30 or 60 USD for others... but a few years ago.
I had my last contact with Gregory in 2006

Last edited:
manroland job cards

manroland job cards

the reason manroland's pecom system costs more than a generic job card reader is that it not only sends cip3 data, it also presets every press setting on the press (anything that is normally set from the console)........far more than any other manufacturer. It does more than tells you why your check engine light is on.

you can get just a card reader from manroland that will load the cip3 data onto the card and then you can load it into the press. not sure of the name of it, but it is available.

loopy

Preset solution for MAN Rolands

Preset solution for MAN Rolands

West, London Ontario.
Arf

Hello Arfamoe;

Retroman here. You are right on the mark with your comments about LithoTel's solutions. Maybe Albert would also like to hear about some of LithoTel's other innovations. Feel free to discuss them at your will.

Great seeing you yesterday.

Retroman

West, London Ontario.
Arf

ah, i'm the other direction. would have been interesting to see the system in action.
we are looking into a couple of things straight from MANRoland but if it doesnt pan out, i've already put the bug in my bosses ear about LithoTel

Too bad your so far away. We priced a ink key presetting and closed loop colour control add on system for our older Komori and the price from Komori was around $120,000. I would think Man Roland's would be about the same.
Let us know how you make out.
Thanks

Too bad your so far away. We priced a ink key presetting and closed loop colour control add on system for our older Komori and the price from Komori was around $120,000. I would think Man Roland's would be about the same.
Thanks

So one pays first for a press that should have proper ink feed control but does not and then pay again for a system to compensate for not having proper ink feed control in the first place.

This is not a good deal for printers.

Thanks
sweet jesus christ, thats alot of money. yeah i think the last estimate we got from them about cci was around that range (mind you that was 5 or so years ago)

my boss seems pretty gung-ho about SOME kind of closed loop system, weither it be the cci system or from lithotel.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back