anyone familiar with manrolands "job card" data cards?

Ink Zone

Ink Zone

I think what you are looking for you will find here Digital Information - DI-Plot, InkZone, Preproofer. Nice people good product tell them IINDEPEDNENT GRAPHIC SERVICES, INC. sends you. With this INK ZONE system you can even handle diffrent press manfacturer.
Good luck.

i'm looking for any info at all. we're looking into ink-key presetting software. problem is transferring, automatically, the output to the press and aside form rolands pecom software (thats entirely too expencive) the only method i know of is the built in job card reader.
pecom is just too expencive.
what did roland use OEM for programming? off the shelf software or some kind of special software? does it require pecom to work?
i have a smartcard reader/writer that we got on ebay and 10 job cards that came with the press. even if i could just read te cards (i dont have any software to do so) i think i could find a way to convert the output from press percent (the software i hope they get in prepress) or rampage (as ive been told can also output key settings)

this is sort of a side project ive been given at work so any help would be great.!

press upgrades

press upgrades

If you're in Canada you need to start thinking about supporting our Canadian economy. These solutions come from European based companies selling through the United States, using a loosely knit group of vendors. Their product is a "piece meal" solution that uses software from several suppliers and sometimes the press manufacturers as well.
If you have problems with the "system" you will have fun trying to get someone to accept responsibility and provide help to resolve the issues.

The LithoTel systems are self contained solutions., One phone number to call. Scanning, press interface, PCs, and training are all supplied and supported by LithoTel. The ColorLinx software is developed and owned by LithoTel. It controls the scanner functions, the pre press interfaces and the press interface communications. LithoTel can customize to meet your needs. These other vendors can not offer this service because their's is a shared product bundle.

Now that Canada has joined the global recession community it's really time to start looking inwards, acting responsibly and looking for home grown solutions that work.

Hello!

Hello!

Hello Everybody,

First I quickly present myself: I'm a young italian press operator who works in a little press company in the north-west of Italy.

I read this thread and I found it very interesting because in our company we have the same problem: we would like to buy Presspercent o some other software to preset ink keys on my press but we don't know how to transfer data from the print console to the PC. I print on a manroland R704 (construction year 2000) equipped with the jobcard reader/writer on the print console.

(I already tried to read the original man jobcard we have with a simple reader connected to my PC but without succes probably because the world of smart cards is just too complex for me :p )

Unfortunately we do not have near us any company like Lithotel who probably could solve our problem as some of you suggested..

If you may help me I would appreciate :) thank you!

Kind regards

Alberto

Pre setting on a Roland??

Pre setting on a Roland??

I ran a Roland Rekord 40"up until november last year, was a completely manual old girl, albeit with alcohol dampening and not conventional! It did have an old magnetic card reader.. but it was inoperational, and i believe it had an abaccus as standard fitment for calculating run lenghts :) The hardest part was calculating how many rubber bands were required to combat the feeder head guide plate wear... character building!! On the Lithrone 40 i run now, they havent bothered to hook up the cip3 or the densitometer that came standard so M/Rs are still manual profiles etc.. Would save me a few minutes on set up methinks..

Last edited:
Alberto, there probably isnt a company in Italy making ink preset and closed loop systems for your press so whatever you do you will have to source outside of your country. Then it becomes a matter of cost of the system, how easy is it to set up and use, how good is your first makeready sheet and what type of technical support can you expect.
The Lithotel system ticks all of these criteria, Its cost is competitive, its easy to set up and use and seeing as presetting is all about software, support is supplied via Webex and internet. Doesnt matter if you are located 20kms from the supplier or 2,500kms with todays communication technology

Alberto, there probably isnt a company in Italy making ink preset and closed loop systems for your press so whatever you do you will have to source outside of your country. Then it becomes a matter of cost of the system, how easy is it to set up and use, how good is your first makeready sheet and what type of technical support can you expect.
The Lithotel system ticks all of these criteria, Its cost is competitive, its easy to set up and use and seeing as presetting is all about software, support is supplied via Webex and internet. Doesnt matter if you are located 20kms from the supplier or 2,500kms with todays communication technology

If I remember correctly, Lithotel's presetting software came from a European company.

Thank You

Thank You

Thank you all for quick reply :)

Actually i'm in contact with Excourse (Presspercent software house) to find out a possible solution to my problem..

At the same time here my colleagues found an italian company able to provide a system to control color during production..from start to end. They provide a software based on MX4 technology (i guess GMG engine but i'm not sure) on a "touch screen PC" wired to a Spectrophotometer wich read a particular scale on the sheet. This scale is much more thinner than conventional one and so more accurate (so they say).
They say also that a big printing company here in Italy replaced original KBA color system control with this "more accurate" system.
Actually we'll probably give a try of this system and if someone is interested i'll be available to share our experience. I hope all I wrote is understandable and I apologize for my poor english.

Thank you again!

Alberto

Could'nt answer that one Erik, only know it works from first hand experience.

I'm sure it does. I have stated many times before on these forums. Having a presetting system that is not perfectly accurate is much much better than having no presetting system at all.

Enjoy your presets. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back