anyone have a KM Accurio C6085?

Alith7

I will admit that I'm not a big KM fan, but my boss wants to look at a really good pandemic price on a C6085 and I wanted to see if anyone has / had one and what your thoughts on it are? Looking for honest opinions. Pros / Cons. etc.
How is color stability? Registration? Etc.

Thank you!

Our KM Bizhub Press C1100 is about 6 years old now. I think the Accurio C6085 might be KM's replacement for it. The color is fairly consistent for auto-calibration but has a slight red cast to blue solids. The back-up registration needs adjustment in properties, but the numbers are always the same. We use the saddle-stitcher for booklets up to 52 pages and run all of our postcard jobs on it up to on stock up to 305 gsm. They claim it gets 100 ppm, but we don't run simplex plain paper through it anyway. Downtime is low and jams do not occur often. When it does jam however, we need to watch out for shifts that might screw up the cutting later.

We have been running two C6085's for a couple of years now. They were replacements for C1085's. We have had great results so far from the C6085's. We have the IQ units installed and get great colour consistency and registration. There is lower downtime compared to the C1085's they replaced. Since the pandemic hit, we have been using them for longer runs that normally went to Offset. They perform consistantly well with the added work and with little downtime. I would recommend taking a good look to see if it would fit into your workflow.

Hello everybody. :) We are also thinking of buying a KM C6085. The question is controller. I now have a Xerox Versant 180 (also worked on Versant 80, 2100, and Ricoh C7100x) all with Fiery RIP. But if I may say Fiery has some serious issues on Versant 180. I will have it reinstalled and see if the issues are gone. That is why I am thinking of not getting one with KM C6085 and as I read posts here on PRINTPLANET some of you are very satisfied with KM controller IC-604. I am thinking of getting also an IQ-501 for color consistency and paper profiling. Is there anything more I need for color management with this kind of setup of KM C6085?
How does KM cope with high gloss PVC labels and such shiny materials? We had some problems of color scratching of on Ricoh.
Thank you for your advise and a happy New Year to everyone, J

Hello everybody. :) We are also thinking of buying a KM C6085. The question is controller. I now have a Xerox Versant 180 (also worked on Versant 80, 2100, and Ricoh C7100x) all with Fiery RIP. But if I may say Fiery has some serious issues on Versant 180. I will have it reinstalled and see if the issues are gone. That is why I am thinking of not getting one with KM C6085 and as I read posts here on PRINTPLANET some of you are very satisfied with KM controller IC-604. I am thinking of getting also an IQ-501 for color consistency and paper profiling. Is there anything more I need for color management with this kind of setup of KM C6085?
How does KM cope with high gloss PVC labels and such shiny materials? We had some problems of color scratching of on Ricoh.
Thank you for your advise and a happy New Year to everyone, J
Hi I have a KM 6085 w/ Fiery 313.

Very happy with machine. A few minor issues but it was more about my vendor not understanding my machine.

We have the KM 6085 with the IQ. Consistent color and registration. Sometimes 13 x 19 gives me a out of range error on the IQ but if it is off very little you can change the setting to how far off you will except. All other sizes adjust on fly and have no issues. I didn't want to spend the money on the Fiery so we just us KM rip. Have had Fiery and Creo color is good. And use a pdf plug-in from Quite Impose to do all my imposing. Depending on stock it does have a slight gloss look. Not sure if other machines do the same thing but would like a better matte look on uncoated stock.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back