Anyone here use ArtPro?

Studio module in Arepro

Studio module in Arepro

i would like to know if it is possible to draw structural design in artpro12 including cut, crease lines for studio module usage in artpro?

You can update an existing ARD (CAD) file using the cad menu. For instance to update a cad file with a "cut out" window matching the graphics. If you want to use the studio module in artpro your cad file will need to contain folding angles for your creases. You'll need ArtiosCad for this or the toolkit for boxes (Ai).

Yes Can Do!

Yes Can Do!

i would like to know if it is possible to draw structural design in artpro12 including cut, crease lines for studio module usage in artpro?

Yes. First create cut + dielines as regular ArtPro lines. Then use "Window - Structural Design" tool to define selected line(s) as 'Cut' or 'Crease' as appropriate. You can then use "File - Structural Design - Export..." to export as .ARD file. This is then usable in all Studio Modules.

As far as the ruler, we just tried that and it still pastes it way outside of the AP doc.

the placement is dependent on the location of the object being copied (type) in relation to the ruler, on that specific doc.
so when you copy into new doc, wherever the ruler is on this new doc, the placement will follow suit.

i would suggest before you copy the object, on this doc, align your ruler to this object (top left or in center of the object)

when you go to the new doc, before you paste, place your ruler in the area you want to paste this object.
the paste should drop where the ruler is.

i hope this helps.

as far as the Gaussian blur and text stuff, yeah i would recommend staying away from EPS. unless that's what was supplied. if you can save out as PDF.

fool around with your Arpro settings before import also. i know it's tough getting help sometimes. as we know, we learn by trial an error. :)

remember John's words,

Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions

cheers
;)

Yes. First create cut + dielines as regular ArtPro lines. Then use "Window - Structural Design" tool to define selected line(s) as 'Cut' or 'Crease' as appropriate. You can then use "File - Structural Design - Export..." to export as .ARD file. This is then usable in all Studio Modules.

Correct as long as you're fine with crease lines @ 90 degrees...
Thanks for sharing this toweri;)

I know it's been a while since I posted this originally. Lot of changes going on. Thanks for the info on the ruler. That makes sense and I will try it next time.

The blurs created in Illustrator give me fits at times as it makes the "outlined" text importing into Art Pro look blocky next to some of the blurs. There doesn't seem to be much consistency since one logo with a drop shadow blur will cause the type to, what I call bitmap, and the same logo on another are of the package to look fine. And it may be just a few letters that are touching the shadow. Maybe saving out as a PDF first will cure this. We've always imported EPS since it was taught at training. Of course this was many years ago and things do change over time. Like using transparency in Illustrator. :confused: This always causes problems when Ripping a file to my sign software.

It's very true that trial and error has been the norm in most any software. It always looks great on the designers screen and may even print out fine on their desktop printer. Just doesn't always translate in the real world.

This always causes problems when Ripping a file to my sign software.

If you're in the sign market have a look at icut preflight (trial available on the esko website). It has pretty nice tools dedicated for the sign market. Bleed creation, pitstop preflighting, cut path generation and more importantly it's a native PDF editor.

Not that simple. You can't just download Artpro. It builds it based on your licensing. Without a login and password you will not be able to build or download.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back