Anyone here work on Komori Super Perfectors?

blindpig

Hello, all

I work with two 40 inch Komori SP, wondered if anyone here, has any experience with these machines?

I would to compare, tips, notes and or complaints.

Hi,

what are your impressions of komori super perfector?
Is it true that this press has the best quality on front and back printing?

thanks,

I only have straight press knowledge on Komori's

We just started looking at Perfectors, and the SP is on my to do list. I am meeting with the Komori sales rep tomorrow.

Any info would save me some research.
You can send a private message if you like.

L or S model ?
What year machine ?

Cheers

Sorry so slow, have been busy, and not online much. I work on two 40 inch SP's, Our 540 (5 over 5) is a L style, (Was installed new three years ago). Our new 440,(4 over 4), is an LS style and was put in, this last January. I can't really compare, print quality, to newer inline presses, as we were a Miller shop, until buying the Komori. (Newest press I had worked on was a 91 40,inch Roland 2/C). I will say our SP'c print very clean, on both sides of the sheet, as long as you, keep your Pearl-Tex, and delivery belt, clean.
As to comparing the L to the LS, here are some observations, I, have made so far. New Vacuum board feed and vacuum pull guide on LS is great improvement, over the feeder on our L. (Handles upcurled stock much better). The LS has lot more pumps and a more elaborate airbar setup in between units. Our 440 takes up more floor space with pump cabinets than our 540. The LS does run faster, close to 16,000 hr verse,s 13,000. The plate hangers have been the main problem with our LS. The new APC is faster than on the old L, but bad plate hangs have been a real problem. (Four blue shirted Komori techs, spent last week redoing both lower and upper hangers,and they seem better.) The LS has the new PDCS 2 sytem on it versus, our L that has the old PDCS 1, setup. The new 2 system is a vast improvement over #1. We are a short run printer and we change jobs and layouts all day long.The PDCS 2 makes going from different sizes, and color arrangements, much faster and with a lot less operator involvement. This is getting long, so I will wrap it buy saying that, The Komori SP is quite the workhorse, during our peek season we run 25 to 30 four color, both sides, jobs, on a eight hour shift, three shifts a day, five, or six days a week, with no problems. In fact our SP,s love to run and get cranky during slow times.

Mike B

SP's

SP's

We have almost the exact same setup as you in our shop. Both of our presses are ten color but everything else you said was very similar. We have also had alot of problems with our plate hangers on the lower units of our LS. Komori has just recently came in and got them hangin pretty good. Where is your shop and what type of work do you do?

The owners of my company have expressed a curiosity in these presses. Anyone care to comment on Komori Service? Parts availability etc etc.

Mike

I can't recall the exact number but Komori has said that they parts business is only something like less then 10% of their revenue. And that basically their service department are press installers and they rarely get the chance to do repair service calls. Now all machines have parts that break but they appear to be in the market of making some fairly dependable stuff, in discussions with printers that have newer Komori's that agreed with the above statement with reliability.

The owners of my company have expressed a curiosity in these presses. Anyone care to comment on Komori Service? Parts availability etc etc.

Mike

Komori parts and service.

Komori parts and service.

My Company owns 8 SP,s spread out over four plants so parts and service are pretty important. I am only a pressman so I can only share my own plants experiences and what I've heard on the grapevine.

On the subjects of parts, We have not had many problems getting parts. Komori in Chicago has good customer service and a large parts warehouse. I can't recall waiting too long for any broken parts. We have had a few problems with the wrong parts, (Had a hard time getting the right delivery belt a while back), but Chicago seemed to always seem to try to make it right. Parts are not cheep, and we have found it worth while tracking down the part manufacturer and looking into buying direct for some sensors, switches,and other small parts.

As to service, it has not been a problem for my plant, but some of our sister plants have had issues, I know of a least on other printing here in K.C. that has had some service issues. (Had a inline perfector down to only printing straight transfer, for several months, waiting on parts and later on more experienced technicians).
I would dispute the claim that Komori only use's installers. As far as I know they have a few service guys, around the country. We are lucky to have one here in the .K.C. area less than an half hour for our plant.
While he works on installs at times, he does scheduled maintenance, and emergency repairs. We have a good working relationship with Dave (Our Komori tech), He has always taken time to answer our questions and has even talked us and our maintenance people threw simple troubleshooting and repairs, over the phone. The only real negative I see with Komori service is the lack of American techs trained to make critical repairs and adjustments. Most of those kind of repairs require one the few Japanese techs in the country at the time. (I have heard that Komori techs live here three years at a time and then rotate home). Once Komori gets on the job they definitely work on your problem until the get it right. Had our ten color down during peak season last year. Komori techs worked long hours and got us back up as quick as possible.

Sorry so long. Again this info is just my personal thoughts and If anyone has better info, feel free to correct me.

Time to head to work,
Blindpig out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back