Anyone running a Ricoh 5110s

Happyprinter

We are looking at purchasing a Ricoh 5110s. Just curious if anyone is running one and if so what has your experience been so far?

I did a demo a few weeks ago on it. Still waiting for them to get back to me with numbers.
A little concerned about there service and about Ricoh in general but I like the fact that it runs envelopes.

I have a neighbor that bought a slower speed model aka C5100 (65 cpm vs C5110's 80). Light production that does good job on textured media and the best part is that they use it to print jackets for books, since it can print up to 1200mmx330mm on 225gsm coated.

So . . . did anyone buy one? and if you did how do you like it???? Ricoh is in here pushing it really hard, makes me kinda go huhhhhh.

Please let me know . . .

I've seen the samples for the C7100 they are pushing, they look pretty nice in a controlled environment, but the two colleagues I have that purchased ended up buying a different machine when the quoted specs couldn't be achieved.

We ended up buying the 5110 and so far have only had one issue that the techs are working on. It has a sight skew issue that we are having to bring in a special tech to try and figure out what the problem is. But we have been assured that if they cannot fix it they will replace it. The copy quality has been great. As with any other machine, if tech support is bad in hour area, do not buy the machine.

We ended up buying the 5110 and so far have only had one issue that the techs are working on. It has a sight skew issue that we are having to bring in a special tech to try and figure out what the problem is. But we have been assured that if they cannot fix it they will replace it. The copy quality has been great. As with any other machine, if tech support is bad in hour area, do not buy the machine.

Is the skew on one sided or duplex?

We have had the slower 5100 for 16 months or so and I am very surprised at the quality of the work it produces, for the price and the amount of plastic it contains. We had a slight issue with the black dev unit a few months after getting it but that was sorted out swiftly, since then I have only placed PM calls.
We have the banner facility which was used a lot at first but now that work has gone over to the 9110, but we still get the odd 800mm to a 1000mm job that has to be done on the 5100. Just be careful when running coated stock as without the buffer unit it bricks, I found that out the hard way.
We also have the E22B Fiery which is a little under powered at times but does a job, and it has none of the extra packages with it.

Last edited:
Hello Hojoclan,Happyprinter,

Has anybody tried to print duplex 300gr. on coated paper (13-15pt)? how is the registration?

Thank you,

V.

Last edited:
Hi digitalro

Technically speaking duplexing 300 gsm is out of spech on the 5100 as it will only allow you to duplex up to 256gsm on the paper settings, but I have told it I was running 250 colotech when in fact i I was using 300gsm.
Once you set up the backing up on the fiery it is supprisingly good with only 1mm or so of skew, although if you use a stiffer stock it goes a bit random with a bit of back and forth variation.
This may not be ideal and I don't do this very often, and never go over a hundred sheets, I have even told the management it cannot duplex 300gsm, but for a beefed up office copier I think its a good machine.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back