Ricoh 9210 Registration Snafus

famerdave

On our fairly new Ricoh 9210, we have having lots of problems with registration on heavier weight papers. (300-350gsm)

We run the Auto Paper Registration, and after the 31 test sheets, the test print looks perfect. No skew or registration issues at all. But once we send a file from the Fiery, it's off 1/4 inch consistently. We did confirmed in Fiery settings that no image shift is being applied, which leaves us to believe it must be some machine/Fiery connection issue?

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I have a 7210 but assume some things are similar.

1. Always make sure you clean the inline scanner before running the routine.

2. Per each profile, set the registration function for HIGH QUALITY under advanced settings, this requires 35 sheets.

3. I assume you’re doing this, but make sure you are applying and saving the adjustments per profile.

4. Confirm that your paper is consistent - some heavy stock I notice can vary up to 3/16” per sheet. Finch 130# uncoated cover, is one of the worst examples that I buy, but I print a lot of business cards on it. So I cut and back trim it down to 12.8x18.8 so every sheet is uniform, and then I create a special profile for that on the printer.

5. If you are off 1/4” consistently, note that you can also apply a further manual adjustment on the printer to your auto adjustment, which should help close the gap on any troublesome stock.

If the grain on heavier weight papers is wrong it will affect registration but in my experience it isn't consistent through the run.

On our fairly new Ricoh 9210, we have having lots of problems with registration on heavier weight papers. (300-350gsm)

We run the Auto Paper Registration, and after the 31 test sheets, the test print looks perfect. No skew or registration issues at all. But once we send a file from the Fiery, it's off 1/4 inch consistently. We did confirmed in Fiery settings that no image shift is being applied, which leaves us to believe it must be some machine/Fiery connection issue?

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
When you say it's off by a quarter inch - is it uniform? I.e. no skew or anything just not aligned as you would expect?

Sounds like a setting somewhere in the fiery if so.

Same issue on our 9200, ours is out by approx. 2-3mm only happens on 300-350gsm SRA3 or Banner sheet thicker, the alignment sheet is 100% perfect, then put the job on and its out

the 31 sheet doesn't make any difference i have tested between that and changing it to 10 sheets and it makes no difference

I had similar issue too, only when printing heavy solid coverage, the paper became slippery, and the 2nd side image came out about 1-2mm smaller. increasing the ptr pressure sometimes helps

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back