APA vs. Alcohol Subtitute

Kedwards

I've been using Pamarco APA for years at about $50 a gallon. I recently picked up a 5 gallon container
of AB Dick alcohol substitute for nothing. I'm wondering if it's not basically the same thing and if anyone
has feedback or have used both products?

Both are alcohol subs. APA is designed for use with continuous dampening systems and with FC1000 fount. Both are private label products. IDK who makes the ABDick stuff or the technical requirements. Though never mandatory and feel free to do as you please, but most subs are designed to be used with their fount counterpart. Some even designed to be used with varying levels of water hardness. All you can do is try. In consumables you generally get what you pay for. If you were satisfied with the APA then its worth the $50. Saving $50 but dealing with issues is not that cost effective in the long run. If it ain't broke....
Easier to add sub than remove, so you may wish to start at 1 oz of sub and you will probably never need more than 1-1/2 oz

Both are alcohol subs. APA is designed for use with continuous dampening systems and with FC1000 fount. Both are private label products. IDK who makes the ABDick stuff or the technical requirements. Though never mandatory and feel free to do as you please, but most subs are designed to be used with their fount counterpart. Some even designed to be used with varying levels of water hardness. All you can do is try. In consumables you generally get what you pay for. If you were satisfied with the APA then its worth the $50. Saving $50 but dealing with issues is not that cost effective in the long run. If it ain't broke....
Easier to add sub than remove, so you may wish to start at 1 oz of sub and you will probably never need more than 1-1/2 oz
My APA is just about empty. I picked up the AB Dick stuff from a print shop that went strictly digital.
Thanks for your input.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back