Apogee Prepress 6

cavart

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to manually trap for apogee, we very rarely need it so didn't want to have to get a "license" for render when it would only be used a couple of times a year.

I was hoping to just have indesign do the trapping, but I see AGFA have made apogee pickup those traps & wont process the files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Pete

I'm not entirely clear on why Apogee won't process your pre-trapped files? Need more info about what you're feeding to Apogee. It should be able to handle a pre-trapped file.

I'm with Dan on this one, I just did a quick test with my APX 7 (I don't have a trap license) and sent a file from InDesign using InDesign trap and it processed it. Do you have a preflight action/profile in Apogee preventing to process trap files or pre-separated files (in case you print as separations to enable InDesign trap engine)?

Actaully what is happening in Apogee is that it sees the trap flag as on and will not trap the files using trapping in the PDF render. That way it does not try to trap the existing traps. But it will render the file. It just post a warning telling you that trapping has been turned off.

Thanks for the help guys, I am new to apogee, It seems to only happen with pdf's that are trapped & they fail at the "normalize" stage & sometimes even have to restart the system as it seems to get stop working & cant "stop" or "restart" the normalize process.

That like I said only seems to happen with trapped pdf's. It looks like it will however accept the trapped ps version of the file so will just use ps files for anything I need to be trapped.

thanks again

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back