Apogee Rip problem

swp66

We are using Apogee Prepress 5. We have a problem with a disabled disk and I was wondering if anyone has seen this happen. I am getting this error "The Apogee Prepress Storage System disabled disk APOGEEXSAT\APOGEEX_MIRROR_E\APOGEEDATASTORE since Apogee Prepress is unable to write to the disk". Has anyone had this happen and if so what did you do? I have tried to enable the disk, but in the disk monitor window it says that drive has failed and will not enable. There is plenty of room left on the disk (40gig) so the drive is not full. Also is anyone familiar with what the Datastore folder does? Is this where the jobs we send are stored or is this application data? My previous boss canceled our service contract so I can not call Agfa, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks
Scott

Probably a drive that failed.

Probably a drive that failed.

There's likely a drive or two in the array that has failed and the system has shut them down.

Option one ( my suggestion) - you may have to open a call to get the drive error corrected (probably replacing a drive at the least).

If you look at the drives yourself, you are most likely going to see a red/orange light on the front of one or more of them, indicating drive errors.

Sometimes the drive can be salvaged long enough to get data on it by running chdsk and other h/w utils.

But it's not the fault of AGFA or AGFA Apogee that's is issue here - it's your hardware.

And, just so you know - I got this from a friend who works for the support team at AGFA, and they still care about you, your team, your system and your company.

-- just sayin'

Best of luck, hope that helps.

We are using Apogee Prepress 5. We have a problem with a disabled disk and I was wondering if anyone has seen this happen. I am getting this error "The Apogee Prepress Storage System disabled disk APOGEEXSAT\APOGEEX_MIRROR_E\APOGEEDATASTORE since Apogee Prepress is unable to write to the disk". Has anyone had this happen and if so what did you do? I have tried to enable the disk, but in the disk monitor window it says that drive has failed and will not enable. There is plenty of room left on the disk (40gig) so the drive is not full. Also is anyone familiar with what the Datastore folder does? Is this where the jobs we send are stored or is this application data? My previous boss canceled our service contract so I can not call Agfa, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks
Scott

Hi,

Go system over view, click on the second icon, double click disk storage, select disk monitor and enable the faulty disk. That should do the trick.

Thanks
Andrew

Apogee Rip problem

We are back in business. We replaced the bad drive and restored the information and that still did not help. I finally broke down and called Agfa support and the service tech solved the problem within 10 minutes. Something about the system was trying to write to a drive that was no longer active. Thanks for the quick responses!

Scott

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back