ApogeeX 4

Re: ApogeeX 4

It would be nice I think if Agfa would talk to Impostrip about licensing their technology. Automatic imposition should not be difficult to achieve in this day in age, especially in a program like Apogee.

Don't suppose you know where I could obtain the release notes for ApogeeX 4.0 am a 3.5 user and my customer rep has no info available for me.

Regards

Hi again everyone, just wondering if some of the other posters in this thread have upgraded yet?? Looking to share any tips/tricks others may have found with ApogeeX 4. Cheers, Tony

...is it true that previous apogee x 3 imposed job data is not compatible with series 4?

Andrew

With the release of ApogeeX 4.0 is there any additional TP that can be purchased that will accomodate the printing on Agfa :SelectJet Film using an inkjet printer.

Scenario: We have an Avantra44 where the lease is about to expire, we do not want to invest in another Imagesetter that will just be used for outputting our film for the SIAS Screenprinter or Roland Ultra.

We could use a PosiRIP / FastRIP that will can be used with a Epson 9800 but then we loose the whole Agfa ApogeeX Workflow for rendering of files to output devices.

There must be something that agfa has that can be used in ApogeeX to support there own film ":SelectJet" the sheet version called ":CopyJet".

If anyone else was in the same scenario or is in a similar scenario let me know.

Just finished my training in Boston couple of weeks ago. We moved from Esko Scope, and i really have to say that Esko wins hands down. I really believe if you design a workflow you should not rely on third party tools to complete your system. I agree with someone above, Preps is the weakest part of this workflow.
An impostion program should fully integrate within the core workflow. (Example, some variable text does not translate to X) Within Scope your have a PDF Editor and FastImpose, applications that integrate fully with each other. I should not have to rely on Pitstop, Preps and Acrobat to complete a job.

Our proofer and platemaker are Agfa and we went with X to get rid of our so called "patched workflow" I think we just integrated more "patches" into our workflow.

Just my 2¢

Related to John's question one above albeit very late:

If I follow, and admittedly, I'm struggling, you want to output to B&W film on a jet printer right? Of course I have to answer a question with a question. Can the device take in 1-bit tiff? Is the format small enough to take 1-bit back from ApogeeX and print out of Photoshop? Photoshop Cs2-3 on a good multiprocessor box can deal with 22 x 18 @1200. The point I'm trying to make is there is a 1-bit tiff output option (TP?) for the ApogeeX that really opens up your possibilities. Xitron RasterBlaster can take those tiffs and image them out to lots of things and it's not to much trouble to have the ApogeeX output to the Blaster input folder and have the whole process happen automatically. We carried our entire legacy of imaging devices forward in this way, even the Avantra 44 which is an Agfa device and has the APIS. In a pinch we can take tiffs originally sent to the AV44 and image them on the Escher9400 as they both support 36 x 44 and 2400 resolution. Great option when one or the other is down. A caveat is that our image devices are linear.

We are about to upgrade from APX 3.5 to 4.0 . I have read all the previous posts. Does any one have anything new to add to make our upgrade smooth. Some of the people here have the upgrades since October, may be they were new installs. I recd. mine just today. Date to install is not scheduled yet.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back