appletalk communication

Whither Appletalk

Whither Appletalk

Had the same problems here. I updated early, before there was much discussion on this issue, and ended up "shooting" to another box in the shop that ran 10.5 and had been set up to print to our rip. I believe there are some printer sharing settings that need to be changed and such. I could try to trace my steps if it would help.
TinDic

Network AGFA Taipan 3.1 in NT with TCP/IP(not appletalk)

Network AGFA Taipan 3.1 in NT with TCP/IP(not appletalk)

I'm having the same problem with my new Mac under 10.6 trying to network with AGFA Apogee Taipan 3.1 in NT. The NT server is running as Domain and can only output using AppleTalk. I have one PowerPC with sharing on for other Intel Macs. I do want to replace the PowerPC because of CS5. All the input channels are enabled, Named Pipe(Taipan), AppleTalk, and TCP/IP. I went in to SysPref in Mac -->Printer-->Add printer-->IP(LPD)--> then i input the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4000 and ADD printer with AGFA PPD. Afterwards I sent a job or test file to the new printer and there was activity in the RIP server but returned with postscript error and flushed the job. I tried creating a new printer under IP(IPP) also and no luck there. I left the Queue and Location blank in the setup. Am i missing something in the setup or did i miss the whole process? Do i need to use Named Pipe? What are my options? do i need to reinstall NT Server as workgroup?

Also, i'm running windows7 and can't print to AGFA RIP because of outdated PPD. The last time i printed on the PC was when i was running windowsXP SP2. Are there any workaround on windows7 using the existing PPD? something like sharing from NT Server where the RIP is installed or tweaking the PPD to work?

Any thoughts or suggestions would help.
thanks in advance!
Keith

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back