Applying PS Action to even numbered pages in PS Server process.

kdarby

I have a recurring job for landscape price page books (like a flip chart), where the client has important information that is in the punching margin. It is only on the even numbered pages.
I have configured a PS action that selects all objects on even pages and moves them up .25". In the past the action has served me well, running it manually in PitStop. Now that I have PitStop Server, it seems to me that this perfectly suited to be automated in Server. The problem is that, in PS Server, it applies the action to all pages which fixes the even pages but breaks the odd pages by moving them into the punching margin.
How might I configure the action to only apply to the even numbered pages?

Enfocus PitStop Server 10, Update 3
Mac OsX 10.6.8
4 GB Ram

There's a select action called 'Select Pages' which allows you to define if you want to work on odd or even pages, just use that in the Action List at the appropriate place.

I assume it's in version 10u3, it's certainly in 11.

Applying PS Action to even numbered pages in PS Server process.

Thanks ABC for the quick reply.

The Action List I used was created in Acrobat X Pro 10.1.6 and imported into PitStop Server. I believe that I have the select option correctly configured (see the capture) but Server moves the page content all the pages up .25". BCC Action List.jpg

I tried to attach the Action List but I don't think I did it right.

Ken

abc was able to see what I was doing wrong. The actions that I had were:

Select even pages
Select all
Move page contents (-.25.0)

The "Select all" added the odd pages back into the selection. The answer was right there hiding in plain sight. Corrected list should be:

Select even pages
Move page contents (-.25.0)

Many thanks to Andrew (abc) since now I can add this Action list to others to automate the processes in PitStop Server.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back