Aquired some printing machines-can anybody help?

Cleg

Hi all.My brother is a commercial estate agent and has given me the job of clearing an industrial unit that was a printing firm that recently went into liquidation.I have been told that if there is anything of value left in there I can try to sell it and make some money on it,otherwise it's all being thrown away next week.There are numerous printing machines there which I have zero idea on how much they may be worth,if anything.There are:

AGFA AVANTRA 30 OLP image setter

HELIOPRINT CDL 1020R

DUPONT CROMALIN STUDIO SPRINT PRESS

DUPONT CROMALIN STUDIO SPRINT FRAME

and a machine which stands about 7 or 8 feet tall,an enlarger maybe?All it says is:

PARKER UK LTD

Could anybody shed any light on what I could reasonably offer for these things second hand?Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Cleg,

Avantra 30 with OLP processor + RIP is still on demand at the second-hand market and could be sold for 10K -13K US Dollars depending on the conditions. Laser usage is not correct factor 'cause Avantras use a laser diode, not He-Ne Laser and the lifetime of the laser diode has no real limits whereas He-Ne gas laser has.

Contact Frames - mmm... AGFA CDL could be used for conventional/traditional film-to-plate process of exposure.
DUPONT CROMALIN STUDIO SPRINT PRESS - what about the availability of the consumables (CMYK folies in roll packages) nowadays?
Dupont frame probably has to go in the garbage bin because can't work for plate exposure, just for color proofing with its Kimoto UV filter - in case of difficulties to purchase CMYK+ Base consumables

Last edited:
Thanks for the input.At least I now have a rough indication on what I can expect for the Agfa Avantra.

The Agfa Avantra 30 runs somewhere between 8000 and 12000 if it has OLP and Rip Depending on the condition, the other stuff is useless dupont chromaline was a great hit at the time but now there are no consumables, the big 8 feet thing is probably a camera which is useless too.

Ex parker service engineer

Hi Cleg

My name is Denis and i offer Free Advice, spares, repairs and Lamps on all uv equipment.

Parker made overhead exposure frame with curtains:

Brown / Beige equip ref PL 95 , PL 96 , PL97 ( Larger number Bigger exposure area )

Plum / Pink equip ref Plum 5 , Plum 6 , Plum 7

Blue / White eqip ref Plum 95 , Plum 96 , Plum 97

I can be contacted by email: [email protected]
or by phone 07872 632155 but i am in UK.

Regards Denis

Hi nhprinter

I know 2 years is a bit late to respond, but better late than never.
As i stated before that i offer Free advice on all uv equipment, and can be contacted by email: [email protected]
But if anyone reads this it may be of use to them.

Regards Denis.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back