ArtPro+ Vs Packz

Kelvin Antony

Hi guys, for anyone using PACKZ how is it compared to using AP+?
I find AP+ really good but my main nit pick is its very dependent on Automation Engine, I cant do everything inside the software without using AE.
I am currently stuck not able to do automated staggered Step and Repeat in AE since our version 20.0 is not compatible with AP+ 22.11

I have a single seat of PackZ that purchased to replace Neo. We only use it to ingest .ai or .pdf without links or fonts and export to Illustrator native with their Round Trip plug in. We use Illustrator and Deskpack and I entertained the idea of replacing that, but between the expense and the learning curve I don't see the point. Once you're comfortable with Illustrator and Deskpack, you realize it's just easier for operators to get the same result. I think it's a great piece of very robust software, very reminiscent of ArtPro.

Curious. Why not just upgrade your AE software? Seems like the simplest solution.

I have a single seat of PackZ that purchased to replace Neo. We only use it to ingest .ai or .pdf without links or fonts and export to Illustrator native with their Round Trip plug in. We use Illustrator and Deskpack and I entertained the idea of replacing that, but between the expense and the learning curve I don't see the point. Once you're comfortable with Illustrator and Deskpack, you realize it's just easier for operators to get the same result. I think it's a great piece of very robust software, very reminiscent of ArtPro.

Curious. Why not just upgrade your AE software? Seems like the simplest solution.
I wish i could, I have been trying to ask our management to upgrade it for a while now.

Std license with startup and maintenance will run closer to 18K ,all said and done. Just checked my invoice. Got a few extras with mine, so you're right, 30K was bloated.

Hi guys, for anyone using PACKZ how is it compared to using AP+?
I find AP+ really good but my main nit pick is its very dependent on Automation Engine, I cant do everything inside the software without using AE.
I am currently stuck not able to do automated staggered Step and Repeat in AE since our version 20.0 is not compatible with AP+ 22.11
Only Actions are incompatible, pdf made with AE is fully native.
i have АЕ 21.07 and AP+ 23.07
It's much easier and cheaper to upgrade AE than to buy PackZ

Oh, okay, thank you! Anyway... I know both ArtPro+ and PackZ cost a lot because they are good software for niche markets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back