.ase files not not loading correct color information

bradr

Hello Everyone,

I created an .ase color swatch file that contains Spot Colors where the Color Mode is marked as a CMYK break down. I then loaded the .ase Swatch Library and everything looks great. When I select a color from the .ase library it will show up in the swatch palette which is great. When the Swatch is opened, the Spot Color is retained but the Color Mode has now changed to the Book Color format. The Spot Color dialog box is set to "Use CMYK values from the manufacturer's process books."

Why is the swatch Color Mode changing to the Book Format? We are running MAC OS 10.8.5 and using various versions of Illustrator CS & CC and we get the same results on all versions. The attached thumbnails below show the Original Swatch Options, Swatch Library (.ase file) when loaded and the Swatch Options after the swatch has been selected from the Swatch Library. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• Swatches.png
    Swatches.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back