Asura & Quark 6.52

wako1302

Does anyone know how to solve the following problem ?

We receive files from customers which come in various PDF versions.
This PDF goes through a queue on Asura (10.1) to remove any transparencies and then convert the file to PDF version 1.3.
This PDF is then imported into Quark and looks OK.
The Quark document is then exported as a PDF.
But when the final PDF is opened, in some cases where the original PDF had transparencies there are lines accross the image. This is only noticable in Adobe reader when viewing at 400%+, but when printed in the newspaper the image is completly covered in the lines.

Unfortunately due to our deadlines we do not have time to check every image at 400%+ to see if it has errors, we believe the problem is with the Asura queue.

That is just the way our Production Department has always done it.

I do believe that it maybe better to convert the PDF to another format whilst removing the transparency and then importing into Quark.

What are otehr people doing to resolve problems with transparencies.

OK, I understand now. There are lots of folks using page layout applications like Quark or InDesign to lay out press sheets or plates. That definitely works, but every press sheet or plate needs to be manually assembled without automation. I suggest your shop consider the increased productivity gained by using an imposition application, of which there are many.

I am not a software vendor. I am a printer that has been using Preps since the early 90s.

Al

Have you contacted OneVision support with the issue? .... we've had nothing but terrific responses from them when we have Asura questions.
jack

We contacted asura about this 6 weeks ago and they are still having problems finding a solution.

they have upgraded our system to 10.1 and are testing on teh next release 10.2.

Once their Germany office managed to get a correct file, but we think this is on a future release that will not be realeased for several months.

However, we may have a break through if we use the PDF/X-1a:2003 option.

feedback

feedback

If you can send me any details, support case number etc I will get back to you offline

abc

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back