Auto Impose

Skinflint

I am looking for a solution that can impose files various numbers up based on the quantity ordered.
Exp: say a BC order is for 250 another is for 500. The solution needs to see that the 500 card can go up twice and the 250 once for a run length of 250. Does anyone know of software inteligent enough to do something like this?

Imposal

Imposal

I usually will right click on the PDF files I need and select to combine them in Acrobat. A window will pop up and I will then add the document I need double of again. I know this isn't as automated as you may like, but it is simple math. I then use my imposition software, Imposal to n-up the documents as many times as I need them for my press sheet. It's super user friendly and fast.

EskoArtwork Plato is a Step and Repeat application that has a feature called SmartLayout wherein you enter the amount of each item you wish to produce, (and the amount of waste for each), and it will provide you with several options for those S&R sheets, and the number of sheets you must print to achieve the numbers you are looking for. Of coarse this is based on the sheet size you enter, and the size and number of the objects. See here - EskoArtwork Technologies: Plato for Labels

inpO2 for Acrobat

inpO2 for Acrobat

With our inpO2 Automation Module and Enfocus Switch this sort of thing is possible. We're working on a demo of this very workflow to show as an example of Web-to-Print production solutions using our inpO2 Product. What's nice about this solution is it's cost effective (About $5K for inpO2 and Switch) and it's an open solution you can customize with scripts and other applications. Very flexible.

If you'll be at Print 09, drop by our booth (#6651) and I'd be glad to show it to you.

Michael Reiher
Dynagram

Impostrip OnDemand

Impostrip OnDemand

Impostrip OnDemand is the industry leader to automate short run digital printing.
Recommended by such prestigious companies as HP Indigo, InfoPrint and Xerox to name a few, this is a proven solution.

Through intelligent & dynamic hot folders, you can automate your BC production and all your other products.

We do offer a complete trial version for free on our Web site.

If you want to see a live demo and ask questions, be sure to stop by our booth 131 at Print09, or visit us in our partners booths: Duplo, HP, InfoPrint, Xerox, etc.

Contact me for additional details: raymond @ imposition.com

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

I am looking for a solution that can impose files various numbers up based on the quantity ordered.
Exp: say a BC order is for 250 another is for 500. The solution needs to see that the 500 card can go up twice and the 250 once for a run length of 250. Does anyone know of software inteligent enough to do something like this?

You're talking about ganging and the "daddy" in this area is Metrix (as bjk mentioned). Other vendors have added, or are adding ganging to their software, but Metrix was designed from the ground up to do this and it's VERY smart. There's lots of demo videos on their web site to help understand it (I wish other vendors would follow their lead, it makes it much easier to understand complex products). For obvious reasons, it's only going to be worth spending the money on if you have at least one B2+ size press. Basic versions start at a few thousand dollars. The big disadvantage is that you cannot automate Metrix in the sense of a fully automated workflow.

As a clarification, there is a major difference between "ganging" multiple sizes, and "optimizing" based on quantity, color, etc. The main feature this printer is looking for is to automate the production of business cards and other print print products. Quantity optimization and the reduction of white pages is key. This is where Impostrip solutions fit. Ganging solutions are not satisfactory for all cases, and is certainly not the key feature request in this case. As you said, it is not automated and it is too expansive for this.

Just my 2 cents :)

Ray
Ultimate Tech.
www. imposition. com

Metrix

Metrix

Lithotechnics' Metrix will both "gang" different sized products and "optimize" layouts for different quantities of similar products; all you need to do is feed it the product list, press and sheet size. And though our shop hasn't yet been able to take advantage of it yet, yes it can automate these tasks, assuming you can feed it a satisfactory JDF or XML project file. As a happy Metrix user, I recommend you check it out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back