Automatic Bleed to images in photoshop???

raj9469

I'm looking for a tool to automate adding bleed around a selected image. The bleed can be as simple as repeating a pixel away from a selection, at an angle roughly perpendicular to the selection.

I am looking to add bleed to an irregular shape, such as that would be required for diecutting.

As for now it is a strictly manual process of cloning color out past the diecut edge, changing source and destination often. It's not easy.

Anyone have an idea??

Draw a path/selection, expand it 3mm and Content Aware Fill works for me. Depends on the difficultly really but thats my favorite option.

Rarely have to add bleed to photoshop files though. All vectors and page layout programs in the modern world.

Here is a strategy that can probably be scripted (but not by me):

duplicate the image
enlarge one of them by 2 pixels
copy the normal one to anew layer centered on top of the enlarged one
flatten and season to taste

Al

thanx sherbert

Well, i have tried your method, but its not working on all images. I am trying this on a cartoon image with irregular graduated pixels, hmmmm not working!!

we'll have to find another method!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back