Avantra 25 problem

brent

Our imagesetter started acting strange.

When a file is sent to the imagesetter, the length of the imaged film is approximately .25” shorter than the file sent to it.

(i.e. file length = 8.5” - Film length = 8.25”)

Any ideas on what is causing this?

It has been a while since I used a filmsetter but I believe there was a setting you could make for the imaging scaling. I know our ECRM had this but I can't remember for sure about the Avantra. You might look in the Avantra control panel and see if there is a place to adjust the scan length. Does the reduction in length happen the same regardless of how you orient the image? If you send it portrait of landscape do you get the image distorted the same?

Another possibility that comes to mind would be that something inside the imagesetter has gotten dirty and it isn't counting the number of lines correctly. Perhaps there is an encoder that needs cleaning.

Our imagesetter started acting strange.

When a file is sent to the imagesetter, the length of the imaged film is approximately .25” shorter than the file sent to it.

(i.e. file length = 8.5” - Film length = 8.25”)

Any ideas on what is causing this?

1. It's a scalling factor.
You can't reach it through Control Panel menu.
AvDiag/UniDiag software + cable + service experience = final solution

2. It's BOL shift.
See lines 2 and 3 above

Last edited:
Thank you for replying.

What is a BOL shift?

So are you saying we would need to call a tech to fix this sort of problem?

ssutton- It does not matter if it is portrait or landscape...both directions, are about .25" shorter in length

Beginning Of Line - BOL in that case does not work.
Something wrong with a scale value.
Check your Avantra first - internal exposure test has 100% and 50% rectangles with 0.5"X1.0" size, so you can calculate the size of whole test pattern.

You almost kill my brain with that question! :)
In the Cassette window at the Control Panel
Avantra 25 has maximum imageable area 17.7 (450mm) by 25" (635mm) for 457 mm width film.
So max area should be 7 mm less than actual width of the film roll for any roll size.

OK, did the exposure test...the squares are .5 x .9375", not one inch. So the width seems ok, it's the length that is off.

Also, I pulled some old film, and noticed that it is starting to image about .25" closer to the punch than it used to.

In our conversation Please use Slow scan and Fast scan directions instead of length and width.
I hope you count 10 rectangulars in both directions in your measurements

Last edited:
In our conversation Please use Slow scan and Fast scan directions instead of length and width.
I hope you count 10 rectangulars in both directions in your measurements

Vlad, I don't know the difference between the two. LOL

Brent,

One question I forgot to ask earlier. Are you talking about the IMAGE being smaller or the FILM? One of your posts mentioned that the image was closer to the punches than it used to be. Could it be the setting telling the Avantra where to place the punches?

Yes it is. And different cassettes/films could have different values. That's one of user available params at OCP.
I think brent is not familiar with Avantra.

Agfa avantra error no 142 to 148

Agfa avantra error no 142 to 148

any body can help me on our image setter agfa avantra 25S having error no 142,144,145,146,147,148,143 please guide us how th sovle this problem
vikas

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back