backsaving Illy files while you are working

marc3llo

Hi all,

I have to work in Illustrator CS3 (the worst version ever) because my company does it but I'd be very happy if I could work in CS4 and backsaving to Illustrator PDF CS3 everytime I save (not saving as...) Do you know if there is a way to achieve this? I know some script might do it but I am not really familiar with this, Does anybody knows?

Thanks a lot!
Marcelo

CS3 is a perfectly good version of Illustrator.
Just save your file as a eps with CS3 version level.

Good luck, p

Hello,

As far as I know there is no way to automatically back save...unless there is a plug in somewhere.

I'm not sure why you would need to backsave, in any case...you should still be able to open (and edit) your .ai file created in CS4 in CS3. You may see a warning when the file opens in CS3, but I didn't notice any compatibility issues when I was working in CS3, and our artists were working in newer versions.

If this is really an issue for you, I would save as an Adobe PDF with editing capabilities preserved. This should be a smaller file size than EPS....

Cherie

HI,

While I was working on packaging for some new products, I came across something that may help you.

When you first save a document in Illustrator CS4, the Illustrator Options menu pops up. I usually just click through it, so I forgot about this, but at the top of the window there is a drop down menu where you can choose to save in an earlier format.

Check it out and see if it helps you :)

Cherie

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back