Banner on KM 6501/5501

alev

Hello,
we are considering a new machine, and we are stuck between the Km 5501 and the X700..
One of the things that can make us go with the Km could be it's ability to print banner (up to 13"x47")

Is anyone using a 5501/6501 for prints larger than a3+ ?
Does it need the creo controller to do this ? Is it reliable ?

Thanks

While many of the KM models will print banners, to the best of my knowledge neither the C6501 nor C5501 will support banner printing. This is not a function of what RIP you have as I remember the issue it has to with physical limitations of the imaging unit.

I could be wrong on this as I've been away from KM products for a while. But I'd strongly suggest you see one print banners before buying based on that capability.

Good Luck.

@X33 ..i don't need to print 13x47, but 13x27.5 (33x70cm) is quite common for posters here in europe

@Mark
the km sales rep told us that "it should be possible" but didn't give us any further detail or cost..
I also found this post that confirm that the machine is actually capable of printing banners:
http://printplanet.com/forums/digital-printing-discussion/16355-questions-km-c6501

but what I would like is some real feedback from someone who is actualy using the machine to print this kind of jobs.. anybody out there?

Thanks

I have seen a creo patch to enable banner printing but it would seem they jumped the gun a bit as KM have not released the firmware to enable this! In any case you will not be able to use any finishing options or a PF unit. So you are restricted to a LCT and catch tray when the appropriate firmware is released.

I just bought an Oce CS665 - esentially a 6501 -- it took some effort and pushing with Oce - but we located the softswitch to allow for long paper.

It works fine. There are no problems what so ever with it. We limited outselves to 13 x 40 paper (as we can get 26 x 40 sheets and cut in 1/2) -- but the primary application was newsletters at a 11 x 25.5 trimmed size (3 Panel)

I havent had the machine that long that we have experienced any problems with it yet. That is all I can report.

I just bought an Oce CS665 - esentially a 6501 -- it took some effort and pushing with Oce - but we located the softswitch to allow for long paper.

It works fine. There are no problems what so ever with it. We limited outselves to 13 x 40 paper (as we can get 26 x 40 sheets and cut in 1/2) -- but the primary application was newsletters at a 11 x 25.5 trimmed size (3 Panel)

I havent had the machine that long that we have experienced any problems with it yet. That is all I can report.

Just wondering if you are running a Creo or Fiery???

Actually it works on all the rips. The machine needs to be softswitch set to do have this functionality - it has nothing to do with the RIP. I wish I knew what the setting was... I will ask the tech if he is willing to tell me -- and then I can post it.

What part of the country are you in? I have customers in my area who have asked me about this. I would like to get in contact with the support people in your area to learn this work around.

I would like banner info also

I would like banner info also

I would like to get the info regarding this "softswitch" what would allow the KM6501 to print a 11x25.5inch print. This would be a pain if you can't do that with the finishing equipment still in place. I have a saddlestitch unit on both of my machines.

I hope you can post how this is done soon. thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back