barcode software

camasprinter

We are looking into being able to print barcodes on the backs of tickets. Like a client would give us 1000 numbers and we print tickets 10 up or whatever and put the barcode numbers on the backs of those tickets and then trim out to have 1000 3'd barcodes

What's a good friendly software for that?
We use Macs & PC's and use all the mainstream programs, CS 5 on both platforms

I can send you a print ready PDF with the bar-codes.
I will require the layout and the type of bar code to be used.
Start and Ending Numbers.
No charges :)

Yes, Terry Burton's postscript one is great. (Same link as above comment.) Just alter the code right at the bottom of the .ps file as you require, distill it and you can open it in Illustrator and copy and paste to wherever you need (I think you can also open a .ps straight in Illustrator). Make sure to convert the strokes to fills in Illustrator before resizing it to avoid any mistakes later on.

Sorry - I hadn't read your question properly. You need to make 1000 different barcodes at once? Have no idea if there's a free solution (like Burton's) except some sort of AppleScript that would repeat the process over-and-over. One could also quite easily modify Burton's postscript program to generate imposed pages of barcodes that you then 'superimpose' over your InDesign document (maybe with the place PDF script)... assuming of course that you find someone proficient in programming PostScript - I don't think many people are these days.

When you say "3'd barcodes" - do you mean QR codes?

If the barcode requirement is simple with no BWR, then there are many barcode fonts available, depending on the barcode type. This could be performed with a data merge in InDesign (it is fast and easy to make the 1000 source numbers in Excel or OpenOffice). One common font is: IDAutomationHC39M_Free.ttf

Stephen Marsh

If the barcode requirement is simple with no BWR, then there are many barcode fonts available, depending on the barcode type. This could be performed with a data merge in InDesign (it is fast and easy to make the 1000 source numbers in Excel or OpenOffice). One common font is: IDAutomationHC39M_Free.ttf

Stephen Marsh

How do you do for multiple copies of the same bar code (rotated) on Front and Back Pages ( For Duplex Printing)
Pages to be made 1000. See example in the images attached
Images attached
Page01.JPGPage02.jpg

I personally would just duplicate the first column that contained the 1000 numbers into a second column. The data merge would use column 1 for front merge and column 2 for the rotated back page (the data merge placeholder would be rotated on the back page).

Some tips on Adobe InDesign data merge / datamerge / data-merge here:

http://printplanet.com/forums/vdp-h...rectly-out-indesign-no-plugins-how#post189291

P.S. Before doing a large run using an untested barcode font and or print method, have the barcode's verified that they are machine readable!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
I have tested many barcode generators.
As for the better, i'd like to recommend this barcode generator, it can empower users with the ability to include an image viewer and pre-processing capabilities such as deskew, despeckle, and annotations alongside barcode reading & writing functionalities.
Integrate your Document Imaging applications, most common 1D, postal and 2D barcodes can be created with VB.NET and C#.NET codes, including UPC/EAN, Code 128, Code 39, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Standard (Industrial) 2 of 5, Code 11 (USD-8), Australia Post 4-state Barcode, Royal Mail (RM4SCC), USPS Intelligent Mail, USPS POSTNET, USPS PLANET, Data Matrix, PDF417, MicroPDF417, QR Code, and Micro PDF-417 and more. More than 90 document formats such Bitmap, Metafile and PDF are provided for saving generated barcode images into stream, file, http, ftp...
What's more, I love its simple way of processing, I'm willing to share with you.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
Arron

as for your question,i cannot give you a clear answer, but i wanna share a resource for you hope you can find a clue there. i used their barcode for c# control ,which
Developed completely in C# with full integration into MS .NET Framework & many Windows systems
Compatible with ISO/IEC & GS1 symbology specifications to print scannable barcode images
Using Barcode Control Library to add barcodes in ASP.NET websites/webservice, WinForms, etc
Easy to create 1D and matrix barcode images in Visual C#.NET & console applications
Support multiple high quality linear barcodes generation, including alphanumeric barcodes
Support major bi-dimensional barcode symbologies, including Data Matrix, QR Code and PDF-417
Available for saving barcode pictures with different formats, like jpg, png, tiff, bitmap, etc
Reliable C# barcode generator component to print barcode for all scanners and printers
and their barcode for asp.net is also not bad!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back