Barcodes Anyone??

Duncan Hyde

What software for the Mac works well to generate barcodes for retail products... or use old faithful Coreldraw to generate barcode??

Thanks

Duncan

How many and how often?

How many and how often?

Teacup software has a great plug for Indesign wich is a life saver when it comes to catalouges, we had a script made that searches for a 7 digit product number and adds/replaces with barcode. It produces embedded eps objects that can be edited by doubble clicking (20 day trial software is available). Can be used for individual barcodes. A nice extra is that you can compensate for dotgain (positive or negative).

Before that we used Shareware, Barcode producer.

Barcodes Anyone?

Barcodes Anyone?

I haven't used it in some time and I'm not sure how well it works with Leopard or Snow Leopard but Bar Code Pro was and probably still is one of the best for creating barcodes. Unlike a font that can be used to create barcodes, Bar Code Pro creates an .eps file which can be placed into your page layout program of choice. Barcodes created using fonts can wind up being distorted either by tracking or kerning or by using too small of a font size which can create a barcode that is unreadable.

There are many barcode formats to choose from and I'm pretty sure that the codes can now be created in a variety of colours.

It was fairly inexpensive years ago; Not sure what the price is now. It's worth a look.

Good Luck

we get the numbers supplied to us by the clients, so no search needed (by us anyway).
And are we talking traditional barcodes or QR codes?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back