Baum 714 Scoring-Help Please

AP90

Hey guys, I have a Baum 714 folder that came with the perf scoring kit. I haven't had the need for scoring until now. I go to put it on and nothing is working right. Now I think the problem is I'm missing the scoring roller. I have all the wheels, and the roller that has 2 grooves in it, which the scoring wheels align in perfectly and fit in, but when I run the paper through, it just slices it in half (no, these aren't the skitter attachments). I even tried putting o-rings in the roller and that didn't help. I'd appreciate anything you guys have to suggest.

Also, I tried finding a scoring roller part and couldn't find one. So I'm stumped. If this doesn't work, I'm getting on eBay and buying one of those hand scoring/creasing machines. And I do not want to do that lol.

I found the same thing. I was able to get my 714 to do a decent job perfing but the scoring wheel slices it in half. I just bought a Rosback perf/slit/score machine that does a great job with scoring and perfing.

I don't have a 714 but I do have a larger baum. On my machine you able to back the pressure off between the two rollers responsible for the score. I'm guessing that's not an option on the 714? If you can back the pressure way off, you'd probably be able to score with the o ring you mentioned.

I have an older model, but this manual helped me with scoring and perforating. I use a rubber collar when I'm scoring for a right angle fold, and a scoring collar on each side of the scoring blade when I'm scoring only. It gives you a little more control over how heavy of a score it leaves.

http://www.baumfolder.com/sheets/old...lderFolder.pdf

Last edited:
I have an older model, but this manual helped me with scoring and perforating. I use a rubber collar when I'm scoring for a right angle fold, and a scoring collar on each side of the scoring blade when I'm scoring only. It gives you a little more control over how heavy of a score it leaves.

http://www.baumfolder.com/sheets/old...lderFolder.pdf

Thanks for the link, I hadn't found that manual online. I haven't tried the way you or the manual explained as far as splitting the wheels, so I will try that and see what happens.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back