Best 40" Press for the money

mrrapid

I'm looking for a 6 color 40" press with an AQ coater and I was wondering what everyone thought was the best press for the money. Here are some things that I'm looking for: This press must be able to make ready fast, lay down huge solids, run extremely fast whether onion skin or seriously heavy board, must be extremely dependable and durable, easy to operate, print a very sharp dot and have a solid company behind it. Again:

Bullet Proof Feeder
Super Strong Ink Train
Lightning Fast Make Readies
Very Sharp Dot
Reliable, Durable, Dependable
Fast Support - No Down Time
Easy Ink/Water Balance

But I also must be able to make a profit with this machine, so price matters. What do you guys recommend?

Greedy

Greedy

Wow, you sure are asking for the moon. I would say you should look into a Heimorishi, with a dash of KBA thrown in there. I think all Press manufacturers pretty much do all the same ***** maybe some do certain things better than others, but there will always be compromises. Are you looking at new or used ? I would have to agree with Cornishpasty thighs, all around Komori sounds like the best fit. Keep in mind their is only one person that can make that press perform the best, and that is the OPERATOR.

Mr. Rapid, if you don't mind used, the 'Best 40" Press for the money' would be the Komori LS640 with AQ that we are selling in a couple months. The press is printing 20 micron stocastic all day long. Contact me if you're interested.

Roger at JSMcCarthy.com
207-622-6241

For the type of money you are looking to spend a Mitsubishi, Komori or even Roland will handle your applications. A Heidelberg will not handle the thicker stocks due to the single diameter cylinder configuration unless you go to a CD102.

This press has been sold. - Roger

Mr. Rapid, if you don't mind used, the 'Best 40" Press for the money' would be the Komori LS640 with AQ that we are selling in a couple months. The press is printing 20 micron stocastic all day long. Contact me if you're interested.

Roger at JSMcCarthy.com
207-622-6241

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back