Best option for 2:1 & 3:1 punching of covers (small footprint)

bcr

Folks, I'm looking for a machine (as compact as possible) to punch cover stock for wire binding.

So, I need:

- 2:1 and 3:1 punching (rectangular)
- A4 and A5 support (incl. ability to suspend pins not used on A5)
- Adjustability to make the punches line up with inner sheets which are punched on another machine.

We have very little space, and I've seen some very lightweight machines which I could potentially store out of the way when not in use. Were talking low volumes here. Probably just need to punch a few hundred covers each year.

Thoughts appreciated.

Pick up a second hand GBC Magnapunch (not the inferior Magnapunch 2)
For A5, typically you’ll only need to remove one pin at one end
For A5 2-up punched as A4, pull the pin closest to where you’ll guillotine at 148.5mm

Pick up a second hand GBC Magnapunch (not the inferior Magnapunch 2)
For A5, typically you’ll only need to remove one pin at one end
For A5 2-up punched as A4, pull the pin closest to where you’ll guillotine at 148.5mm
Thanks! I'm aiming to get something cheaper than that, at least the main unit should be under 1k but the accessories etc if required could be more than that.

You should be able to find a second hand Magnapunch 1 with at least one tool for well under 1k. Inspect and test the tool/s thoroughly to ensure all pins are present and sharp, look for rough edges.

Reactions: bcr

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back