Best practices for storing Printing/UV blanket

shamelna

Hi,

We used to store UV blanket after use in rolled shape. Is this the most appropriate way for storage or is there other techniques ?

Thank you

im guessing that shamelna goes back and forth from using conventional inks to an occasional uv job. i remember back in the days when blankets were given a rest we would remove them from the press, scrub them out real good with a strong blanket conditioner, then hang them on a blanket rack for storage. of course they were the days when there was actually time to do things like that. Now if a press isnt running jobs the company is loosing money. Seems like guys dont even bother trying to rub up a slightly smashed blanket anymore.

Storing blanket if composed like "classic rubber" blanket - in roll might be ok - still consuming quite some space. If you have polymer stripping blanket with polyester base rolling into small diameter tube, might cause, that polymer layer will delaminate. It makes sense to hang them in rack, apparently, there are hanging systems available. After all, if you are packaging printer and varnishing with stripping blankets, you might have big storage of varnish blankets.
I tried to invent one on my own, but did not realise it in practise - but give me week or two, I will post some idea drawings over here.
Janez

I am talking about rubber blanket for UV coating machine. As every blanket is used more than once for each printed job (we use spot UV) and we have around repeated 1000 jobs. We used to store them in a tube shape but the stand is out of space and we are thinking of better ways to increase blanket life.

can any one elaborate more on hanging systems.

Thank you

If you are talking about spot cyrell plates, we store them in a big flat drawer. it's best to keep them out of light and in a cool dry place.

If you are talking about spot cyrell plates, we store them in a big flat drawer. it's best to keep them out of light and in a cool dry place.

can you explain more, will it be easy to extract / organize blankets

by the way , we use rubber not cyrell for UV machines

Well then My suggestion may not be good for you. We use mylar and metal backed plates for spot coating. Our pre press has big map drawers and they are keept in there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back